Bintabaat shut down at 12.15 by masked police!

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Bintabaat shut down at 12.15 by masked police!

Post by oakdale160 »

Keep us informed us-sus, be interesting to see if its a one night wonder, o week long show. or permanent(as much as anything is permanent) As BB suggests, probably all just a face-saving gesture.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

If you believe there is any joined up thinking going on (TIT!) you could think they are pushing the girlie bars out to other areas and making Binta more family friendly. But joined up thinking and Thais is not usually put in the same sentence!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Masked police ??? How do you know they were police ??? Could be a masked gang. How many were they ?? No opposition by bar owners and Customers ? They were certainly less numbered than tourists.
Yesterday I left Binta shortly after 11.00pm. Just before 3 to 4 tourist police members visited the area and some farangs took selfies with them. They were with new stuff Tourist Police Volunteers wearing a white TS. Actually HH has a certain number of those volunteers, among them are 2 former or occasional bar ladies.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

I am told by someone in the area that poolsuk was shutdown before 12.30, so later than bintabaht, but not much. Karaoke area untouched (my informant left there at 2.30 am).

The big question is what happens on New year's Eve.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

fft100 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:31 pm I am told by someone in the area that poolsuk was shutdown before 12.30, so later than bintabaht, but not much. Karaoke area untouched (my informant left there at 2.30 am).

The big question is what happens on New year's Eve.
That's when it's just getting started. :wink:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The really big question is do you risk an aborted celebration in Binthabat? :?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

The same has happened tonight..!
BUT..Tonight the Big-Boss of HH MiB was seen walking up & down the Soi around 11pm (when Binta was bang-full of tourists)...
THEN he was there again prior to the closure order..
THEN..Things got a bit unpleasant when tourists were told by bar-owners to drink-up & check-bin at the drop of a hat, & all the music & lights were turned off (& the police pick-up with lights ablaze did it's slow crawl down the St.)
THEN an impromptu meeting between all bar-owners & MiB was called for at 1.15 am..!..?
(Details/outcome of meeting to follow)
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Yep, please do follow up usual suspect, thanks so far.

So HH is showing its true colours maybe, interested in the silver retirement dollar, not in the young boozing and barhopping tourist trade? Or is it just as said above, the BiB being a bit vindictive over a falang time for celebration and not caring who they hurt in the process?
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Based on what has been mentioned in this thread, I would not waste my time heading into town tonight because I would not be at all surprised if the masked gestapo do their rounds again.

Anyway, I'm sure they have good intentions, and are only doing this out of concern for our safety and well-being. :wink:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I made a rare evening venture to the Binthablock area last night. Everything looked to be in full swing, and people were having a good time. I never stay out until the witching hour these days - I have my fill and go home. No sign of any masked intruders when I left. It was party, party, party.

Only one dull moment - the tuk tuk mafia have hiked their prices for high season. We went to 3 tuk tuk ranks (all close together), and they were insistent the fare had been increased by 33%. We walked on. We arrived at the 4th rank, and I was getting concerned about Mrs BB's legs - I'd have happily walked home if it were just me. Same inflated price (I'd decided I'd have to pay it). I started to walk away, and the tuk tuk shouted after me with the correct price. It's not the money, it's the principal. :cuss:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Was one of the masked men on a white horse and did he have an Indian companion?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

So what happened in the meeting US?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I saw police looking in bins and plant pots in town last night so maybe there are some security concerns over the holiday period. I think I'll start early to avoid disappointment, some Thai's behind my house started at eight this morning and I'm feeling left out!
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Jist of meeting is Binta Bar-owners have had to cough up some Baht to provide 'security' at either end of the Soi tonight..The only Thais allowed into the street will be ladies with farang b/fs..No gangs of Thai youths!
STEVE G may have touched on the real reason for the early closing..?
(Possible blanket closing time of 12.30 thru'out all bar areas tonight..!!) Happy New Yr from the Mib eh?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Well I'm always ready to go home by 12.01 as are many others but I know others are not. Keeping the Thai drug fueled youth thugs out makes good sense.