Last bus to Bangkok

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
ihtiandr
Novice
Novice

Last bus to Bangkok

Post by ihtiandr »

Does anyone know what time the last bus from Hua Hin to Bangkok departs? I've been told that around 21:00, not sure if it is true. Cant find the schedule on internet, please advise, if you know. I need to be in Bangkok approximately at 3 am, so best time to leave would be around midnight. Many thanks in advance.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I'm pretty sure you're right - 9pm. Unless anyone else knows differently, I'd suggest getting along there and trying to book a ticket in advance. I nearly missed the last bus - got the last seat - a number of years ago to catch a flight. It would have been a more expensive taxi journey otherwise.
ThaiStyle
Amateur
Amateur

Try Mini-Bus

Post by ThaiStyle »

There is also a mini-bus organisation which drives from 6am - 6pm everyday, they'll bring you to Bangkok, Victory Monument. From there on you can go with the BTS, very easy to all Center-Places in Bkk.

The Shuttle bus starts on 3-4 am I think and ends at 9 pm, that's right.
Go get a ticket first, otherwise you could miss it.

;)
buksida

Post by buksida »

Theres some more info on times and frequencies here:

http://tourismhuahin.com/travel-huahin.php
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

On a similar subject? :shock: I think Simon and Garfunkle(sp)...Last Train to......? I forget the last word of the title, brain cell depletion I guess. Pete :cheers:
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

Pete,
I can think of 'Last Train To Clarksville' but that was by the Monkees; not sure Simon & Garfunkel ever did anything about trains.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Homeward Bound ?

:party:
caducus

Post by caducus »

I always thought that 'Homeward Bound' had been written by Paul Simon while he was waiting for the milk train on Halifax Station.

But, in fact, it was written on Widnes Station and a blue plaque will shortly be affixed there to commemorate Widnes' (only?) claim to fame.

I think it was the Electric Light Orchestra who recorded 'Last Train to London'. A few decades earlier, during the skiffle boom, Johnny Duncan and his Blue Grass Boys had a hit with 'Last Train to San Fernando'.

I plan soon to have a worldwide hit with 'Bamboo Soup on the Skytrain Blues'.

.................And the last bus to Bangkok is at about 9.20 pm