Restaurant inside Jamchuree, The Three Chefs

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Juice81

Restaurant inside Jamchuree, The Three Chefs

Post by Juice81 »

The head chef told me last spring that he's gonna move more towards the beach. Does anyone know is there a new operator inside the Jamchuree and where has the old one gone? He made the best massaman curry I've never eaten.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Re: Restaurant inside Jamchuree, The Three Chefs

Post by Ginjaninja »

Three Chefs on the soi directly South of the Anantasila soi (..I think)....
Same soi as the new West Pétanque restaurant.
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

Ginja Ninja is right there, and if you mean the restaurant at 'Baan Thai' next door to Jamchuree (townhouses with big garden and pool), I recently had the misfortune to order a meal there with the current operator, and won't be returning.
Juice81

Post by Juice81 »

Ginjaninja wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:02 am Three Chefs on the soi directly South of the Anantasila soi (..I think)....
Same soi as the new West Pétanque restaurant.
Okay, thanks!
Juice81

Post by Juice81 »

PBbeacher wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:50 am Ginja Ninja is right there, and if you mean the restaurant at 'Baan Thai' next door to Jamchuree (townhouses with big garden and pool), I recently had the misfortune to order a meal there with the current operator, and won't be returning.
No, not Baan Thai. The Jamchuree had also a restaurant of it's own at the end of the big pool. It operated for couple of years but now that the chef is gone I don't know if anyone has taken over? It was convinient to get lunch there if we were having just a pool day with the kids.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I've heard the three chefs restaurant is excellent. Has anyone gone?
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I sometimes feel there is a mysterious twilight zone in Hua Hin, known only to a select few, who are able to discuss restaurants, chefs and the like. with nary a mention of any location, thus rendering the whole thread inaccessible to me at least, as I seem forever in the dark as to the whereabouts of these fabled places! :D
Talk is cheap
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

migrant wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:46 pm I've heard the three chefs restaurant is excellent. Has anyone gone?
Yeah, very good lasagne!
Juice81

Post by Juice81 »

caller wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:35 pm I sometimes feel there is a mysterious twilight zone in Hua Hin, known only to a select few, who are able to discuss restaurants, chefs and the like. with nary a mention of any location, thus rendering the whole thread inaccessible to me at least, as I seem forever in the dark as to the whereabouts of these fabled places! :D
Go out and explore! It's the best way to find out new exciting things! Or just take a tuk tuk and go to Khao Takiab...! :D :cheers:
Juice81

Post by Juice81 »

PBbeacher wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:32 am
migrant wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:46 pm I've heard the three chefs restaurant is excellent. Has anyone gone?
Yeah, very good lasagne!
Yep, he makes great thai and western dishes. I've eaten in lots of places but I have to say that the best meals have been still over there. Just great.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Juice81 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:57 pm Go out and explore! It's the best way to find out new exciting things! Or just take a tuk tuk and go to Khao Takiab...! :D :cheers:
Well, at least my exploring is now narrowed down to the sprawling area of Takiab! No chance of a tuk-tuk where I am, being in the sticks and all that, so I guess I'll just take the truck.
Talk is cheap
Juice81

Post by Juice81 »

caller wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:03 pm
Juice81 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:57 pm Go out and explore! It's the best way to find out new exciting things! Or just take a tuk tuk and go to Khao Takiab...! :D :cheers:
Well, at least my exploring is now narrowed down to the sprawling area of Takiab! No chance of a tuk-tuk where I am, being in the sticks and all that, so I guess I'll just take the truck.
Way to go! I think the Three Chef-restaurant should nowadays be right around Takiab Bay 7 Alley, near Anantasila Hotel if I understood correctly from the previous directions.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Jachuree partially unencrypted: http://tinyurl.com/jamchuree
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Juice81

Post by Juice81 »

Farang wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:14 pm Jachuree partially unencrypted: http://tinyurl.com/jamchuree
Nice. But it's not inside Jamchuree anymore. It's now located somewhere near Anantasila.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

The mystery deepens! :D
Talk is cheap