The Rugby Thread

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
pharvey

Re: The Rugby Thread

Post by pharvey »

What a match!! :thumb: Hats off to both teams - one of the best test matches I've ever seen :bow:

Won't mention the score in case it's on a repeat for some of you.....

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

prcscct wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:38 pm 22 phases leading to the last NZ try. What is the record...must be close. Pete :cheers:
Can't answer that one, but being a Welshman, I do know that the record for us repelling/defending a try was against Ireland and that was 32 phases...

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

How was the Brandy Pete? :wink:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

pharvey wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:10 pm How was the Brandy Pete? :wink:
That was something, wasn't it :clap: :clap: :clap: SAF vs ARG later on may be a yawn in comparison, but maybe not. :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

pharvey wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:25 pm ^ Seems the weather's been crazy all around - the south of the UK (Cornwall) was hit with huge floods recently also.

Anywho, back to rugby! :thumb:

The Rugby Championship is comming up again in some 4 weeks or so :dance: , and as such I've started (yet) another HHF Pool! :oops: All those who played previously should have been invited by Email, but if not, and for those who have not played previously, but are interested - details below: -

http://www.superbru.com/rugbychampionsh ... p=11724875

Pool name: HHF Rugby Championship 2017

Pool code: yenshuff

OMG, I've just realised I wasn't entered into the pool - at least it's given a few of you a head start :wink:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ Christ, sorry BB - so used to you being in the pool I hadn't noticed...... :oops:

Had you actually applied? Couldn't see anything on SB.....
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, but it didn't happen - I guess I should have checked. It was only when I received this week's reminder that I decided to check my pool position - I wasn't there :cry:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Today's Round #3 matches. (Your Time) equals Thai time. Both games should be on Setanta, True channel 669. The SAF vs Australia match may be the better of the two, if Australia still has the fire they had against NZ.
Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 05.05.14.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 05.05.14.png (73.54 KiB) Viewed 293 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Argentina has won the coin toss and elected to kick off.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

What's becoming apparent to me is that every match is no longer a walk in the park for the All Blacks. They're the benchmark and every team that plays them seems to have greater motivation and another gear they don't usually have. I don't know what their schedule holds after this Championship but I would expect much of the same when playing some European teams. The games are decided after 60 minutes and that's good for rugby, and great for us spectators. :D Pete :cheers:
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

PeteC wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:27 am What's becoming apparent to me is that every match is no longer a walk in the park for the All Blacks. They're the benchmark and every team that plays them seems to have greater motivation and another gear they don't usually have. I don't know what their schedule holds after this Championship but I would expect much of the same when playing some European teams.
I agree, but they are still the only side able to find that little extra something when all is not running smoothly.

They head to the northern hemisphere in November, disappointingly not to play England though. :(
They play Barbarians (in London), France, Scotland and Wales. :cheers: :cheers:

Ps, congrats on the share of the wooden spoon in this game week :thumb: :laugh:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Round #3: New Zealand vs SAF starting right now on TRUE Setanta channel 669.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Frightening, absolutely frightening....... :shock:

8 tries (4 in each half), 57 points to NIL! :shock: The Jarrpies absolutely destroyed by the Blackness in the heaviest defeat in their history.

After the 1st 10-15 minutes or so, far and away from the result I was expecting. The AB's making uncharacteristic errors, the Bokkes pack seemingly well on top certainly in the tight. Then it all changed...... The AB's got into their stride (and how :bow: ) the Bokke lineout was somewhat of a disaster area and the AB's simply pounced on each and every error......

Yet another Championship title coming up...

404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

redzonerocker wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:45 am
PeteC wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:27 am What's becoming apparent to me is that every match is no longer a walk in the park for the All Blacks. They're the benchmark and every team that plays them seems to have greater motivation and another gear they don't usually have. I don't know what their schedule holds after this Championship but I would expect much of the same when playing some European teams.
I agree, but they are still the only side able to find that little extra something when all is not running smoothly.

They head to the northern hemisphere in November, disappointingly not to play England though. :(
They play Barbarians (in London), France, Scotland and Wales. :cheers: :cheers:

Ps, congrats on the share of the wooden spoon in this game week :thumb: :laugh:
I'm sure that England play NZ at Twickenham on 10th November 2018. The BBC say so anyway.

They steamrolled the Boks, and the best ref in the world had nothing much to do, but let's see how they do north of the equator.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

404cameljockey wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:55 pm They steamrolled the Boks, and the best ref in the world had nothing much to do, but let's see how they do north of the equator.
Probably steamroller the Baabaas, Scots, Welsh and the French too. :wink: :mrgreen:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.