Can I buy strong bread flour here?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Can I buy strong bread flour here?

Post by Dannie Boy »

Takiap wrote:
handdrummer wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:59 am
bsdk1960 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:48 pm I still recommend one of these,and you can use it for other things to.
Choose one with high watt,I have one called Otto wich was about 1000 baht.,makes good roast,chicken wings and whatever you fancy.

:cheers: :cheers:
where did you get your otto bread maker? I've found an otto bread slicer (he invented it) but no bread maker.

He's not referring to a bread maker, he's referring to an Otto Turbo Oven which you can buy at Makro for about 1,000 baht.

I bought one after Nureus post on here about them, and I can confirm that they are excellent value for money and work really well. I've used mine for all sorts of things, including cookies/biscuits, cakes, roasts and etc.

I did try making a loaf of bread once but it never turned out as I was hoping for, but in my defense, it was the first time in my life I had tried to make bread so I can't really blame the oven, and especially since bdsk1960 has made bread successfully in his one.

I guess I will have to try again, maybe a bit later in the day.

:cheers:
The problem with the Turbo oven is that the grill element will be very close to the top of the loaf and difficult to get an even bake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

yes you can buy them in Makro,Tesco and proberbly other places to.
I use a bread form ,whit a little oil or butter all around,and when the top gets the collor I like ,I put some aluminium paper over.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=br%C3 ... 80&bih=630

http://www.lazada.co.th/shop-ovens/?searchredirect=oven

404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

bsdk1960 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:48 pm I still recommend one of these,and you can use it for other things to.
Choose one with high watt,I have one called Otto wich was about 1000 baht.,makes good roast,chicken wings and whatever you fancy.

where did you get your otto bread maker? I've found an otto bread slicer (he invented it) but no bread maker.
I never knew he invented that!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Frederick_Rohwedder
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

404cameljockey wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:56 am

Oh, he's invented many electrical appliances you can buy in Thailand, including kettles, electric frying pans, rice cookers, toasters, to name just a few. He was very active here in Thailand, even inventing the much anticipated Otto Somtam Maker which is due to hit the shelves soon.

However, despite all his remarkable deeds, he was deemed a risk to Thai society, so spent his last days jumping through the same hoops and loops that we do.

:wink:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

:thanks: But the electric kettle was invented (I think) by an Englishman. :)
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I have a convection oven but I am wanting to avoid the labor of hand made bread. I've done it before and don't feel like doing it these days.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Takiap wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:49 pm
handdrummer wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:59 am where did you get your otto bread maker? I've found an otto bread slicer (he invented it) but no bread maker.
Oh, he's invented many electrical appliances you can buy in Thailand, including kettles, electric frying pans, rice cookers, toasters, to name just a few. He was very active here in Thailand, even inventing the much anticipated Otto Somtam Maker which is due to hit the shelves soon.

However, despite all his remarkable deeds, he was deemed a risk to Thai society, so spent his last days jumping through the same hoops and loops that we do.:wink:
You forgot to mention that he died a horrible death when one of his vacuum cleaners imploded and sucked him inside out! :shock:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

handdrummer wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:06 pm I have a convection oven but I am wanting to avoid the labor of hand made bread. I've done it before and don't feel like doing it these days.
If you check out the link I included above, you will see that the effort required is not that much but the results are good
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Nereus wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:13 pm
Takiap wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:49 pm

However, despite all his remarkable deeds, he was deemed a risk to Thai society, so spent his last days jumping through the same hoops and loops that we do.:wink:
You forgot to mention that he died a horrible death when one of his vacuum cleaners imploded and sucked him inside out! :shock:
Nereus that give me a horrible vision of deviant sexual experimentation with a newly invented sucking contraption. Those Victorians, eh.