Pies in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Pies in Hua Hin

Post by Homer »

I tried Anna's yesterday, mostly because most places were closed. I've certainly had worse pies in Hua Hin. Can't remember ever sitting at a restaurant table with so little foot and leg room.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

Homer wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:11 pm I tried Anna's yesterday, mostly because most places were closed. I've certainly had worse pies in Hua Hin. Can't remember ever sitting at a restaurant table with so little foot and leg room.
yes they are really weird tables. You can't push or slide backwards in the seat, but the seats do swivel to the side. Like fixed in one position, but can swivel to the side. Very weird and not in the least comfortable.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

caller wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:26 amI have a sausage roll and two steak and kidney pies (2 for the price of one) in the fridge that I picked up earlier from Andreanna's (on the right, not far down as you head for Takiap, having taken the turn off from Hua Hin). I've heard good things about them.
These have all been consumed now and here's my verdict.

The sausage roll was full of tasty, peppery sausage meat in a flaky pasty that was heated up in the oven. Verdict: Very, very good. Will definitely be back for more.

The steak & kidney pies had the same flaky pasty and come served in a little foil tray that needed loosening with a knife before heating up, as there had been some overspill. Verdict: Very nice. They are not deep filled pies and the chunks of meat were on the small side, the gravy was nice but more filling would have been appreciated. These wouldn't tempt me from my usual source of pies.
Talk is cheap
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I think the Pork Pies are the best I have had in Thailand. A user mentioned above about their excellent Cornish Pasties - I tried and found too much pastry and too little filling - so not again.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Sorry re above post I was referring to Anna's Pies
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

MDMK wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:22 pm
Homer wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:11 pm I tried Anna's yesterday, mostly because most places were closed. I've certainly had worse pies in Hua Hin. Can't remember ever sitting at a restaurant table with so little foot and leg room.
yes they are really weird tables. You can't push or slide backwards in the seat, but the seats do swivel to the side. Like fixed in one position, but can swivel to the side. Very weird and not in the least comfortable.
Maybe they read this forum. Seats are no longer fixed in one position. Move the seat where you want.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Takiap wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:52 am I went along to check out the new AP Interfoods place yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised. It is only a small place but with a nice variety of goods which you may not find elsewhere, and it is obviously nice and convenient for those who live north of the city center.

:cheers:
I spent a couple thousand baht in there easily last week. Didn't try their frozen pies, but they DO have Fray Bentos steak & kidney puddings in large and small sizes at much less than I saw them in Villa Mart (Index) a few weeks ago.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

404cameljockey wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:51 am
Takiap wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:52 am I went along to check out the new AP Interfoods place yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised. It is only a small place but with a nice variety of goods which you may not find elsewhere, and it is obviously nice and convenient for those who live north of the city center.

I spent a couple thousand baht in there easily last week. Didn't try their frozen pies, but they DO have Fray Bentos steak & kidney puddings in large and small sizes at much less than I saw them in Villa Mart (Index) a few weeks ago.

Yep, saw the Frey Bentos pies there as well, and may go along today to get one. Far better value, in my opinion, that the smaller regular-style pies. Certainly big enough for a meal for myself and my kids when served with some mash and mixed veg. :D

Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Frey Bentos pies are available in Nany's and are cheaper than the ones in Villa Market.
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

moja wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:40 am Frey Bentos pies are available in Nany's and are cheaper than the ones in Villa Market.
Pardon my ignorance, but where is that?
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Next door to Tesco Express opposite the 88 food market. I'm one of their best customers. Always cost me a few thousand when all I went in for was a beer!!
175 for the large steak and kidney puddings. Don't know how that compares with AP.
They do have lots of stuff that I've not seen elsewhere. Also their range of pies, pasties, frozen meats are excellent.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

HHTel wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:00 am Next door to Tesco Express opposite the 88 food market. I'm one of their best customers. Always cost me a few thousand when all I went in for was a beer!!
175 for the large steak and kidney puddings. Don't know how that compares with AP.
They do have lots of stuff that I've not seen elsewhere. Also their range of pies, pasties, frozen meats are excellent.
199 Baht in AP for the large pudding. Go Nany's!
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

HHTel wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:00 am Next door to Tesco Express opposite the 88 food market. I'm one of their best customers. Always cost me a few thousand when all I went in for was a beer!!
Thank you just got it on Google Maps street view (https://www.google.com.sa/maps/@12.5608 ... 6656?hl=en) presumably it has some sort of deli as well as being a café?
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Yes, it's a restaurant mainly but have an area to display their wares. The sit-down food is also very good.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

404cameljockey wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:10 am
199 Baht in AP for the large pudding. Go Nany's!
They were 179 at AP when I visited last Sunday or Monday.
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact