Does anyone know this dipstick (cheapskate)?

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Does anyone know this dipstick (cheapskate)?

Post by 404cameljockey »

Sits at one of the two 'comfortable' tables at Burgers & Beer, Market Village, for 1-2 hours, buying just one small bottle of water and staring at his phone. It enrages me, yes hello I'm Buster Bloodvessel. There are plenty of sit-up-and-beg tables, but only two comfy ones. I even said to him once as I left 'why not spend some money'. The place doesn't run on fresh air.The manager is way too polite to say anything. He would never take my suggestion and clear the table, asking if the skinflint wants anything else, perfectly usual action in a restaurant. He's just a super nice guy.

There are PLENTY of free seats all over MV. God forbid I turn up one day and he's sitting there with the other table also occupied. There will be ructions.

And red trousers? And with shiny black shoes and black socks? How many counts of unacceptable behaviour do I need to list?

Replies telling me to take a breath, chill, etc. won't butter my parsnips. :duck:

IMGpixellated.jpg
IMGpixellated.jpg (48.1 KiB) Viewed 1740 times
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Does anyone know this dipstick (cheapskate)?

Post by StevePIraq »

Well it is soda water not just straight water.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

StevePIraq wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:44 pm Well it is soda water not just straight water.
I take it all back
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Maybe he was waiting for somebody?
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Pleng wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:07 pm Maybe he was waiting for somebody?
No he's done it several times I've been there recently and he just wanders off in the end.

If it was my place I'd put a "comfy seats, minimum spend THB xxx" sign, or a velvet rope across (if English isn't your first language - That was a (very tiny) joke). :cheers:
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

I forgot the fourth count of unacceptable behaviour. He crosses his leg at the knee.
(my Dad used to too, AND dangle his slipper, but he was straight as the Fosse Way, and anyway you have to forgive your dad).
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

404cameljockey wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:42 pm I forgot the fourth count of unacceptable behaviour. He crosses his leg at the knee.
(my Dad used to too, AND dangle his slipper, but he was straight as the Fosse Way, and anyway you have to forgive your dad).
The problem with this is? Thais cross their legs in the same manner.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

RCer wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:51 pm
404cameljockey wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:42 pm I forgot the fourth count of unacceptable behaviour. He crosses his leg at the knee.
I do to be honest - I've got a buggered knee and it's comfortable to sit that way at times, what's the issue?...... Have to say, don't have the pink trousers though! :wink:

All aside, can understand the OP with regards to people taking advantage. The LHG had a bar in China where we put in free WiFi, free TV etc. and we were taken advantage of on many occassions by people like this. Although admittedley, once the LHG had had enough, they left very quickly! :D
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

In reading the OP again, I'm still missing the issue. There's nothing about paying customers having to look elsewhere for seating. In reality having a customer where people can see them will bring other people to look at what us offered.

I've never seen more than one table used in this establishment.
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

Submit the pic here: http://lookatmyfuckingredtrousers.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Always good to see like-minded people in one place. And they almost all have the same thing in common...
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Maybe he's the owner!!
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

You honestly never knew this is something that is a topic of discussion? Google 'men crossing leg at the knee' :D

I don't have a major issue with it, I'm afraid a lot of what i say is tongue in cheek. But my main point was seriously made.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

RCer wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:56 pm In reading the OP again, I'm still missing the issue. There's nothing about paying customers having to look elsewhere for seating. In reality having a customer where people can see them will bring other people to look at what us offered.

I've never seen more than one table used in this establishment.
You don't go there much during the day then. I've never seen it 100 percent full but 5-6 tables can sometimes be taken during the late morning/lunchtime.

Beside the point: my point was clearly that the two tables with comfortable seating by the bar are always preferred by some (including me) and to have someone just camping there with no food or drink in front of them for well over an hour is simply not nice. I think that's not hard to understand. And I agree that seeing people tucking into nice food or having a good time at an establishment may attract other punters. Do you really think he fits that bill? :/

Anyway, I've said what I needed to get off my chest, thanks for listening, where do I send the bill?
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

J.J.B. wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:28 pm Submit the pic here: [url]http://******.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1[/url]

Always good to see like-minded people in one place. And they almost all have the same thing in common...
Done! :bow:
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

pharvey wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:05 pm
I do to be honest - I've got a buggered knee and it's comfortable to sit that way at times, what's the issue?...... Have to say, don't have the pink trousers though! :wink:

All aside, can understand the OP with regards to people taking advantage. The LHG had a bar in China where we put in free WiFi, free TV etc. and we were taken advantage of on many occassions by people like this. Although admittedley, once the LHG had had enough, they left very quickly! :D
As I said to RCer, Google 'men crossing leg at the knee' and have a giggle.