Govt to increase alcohol tax again

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: Govt to increase alcohol tax again

Post by Pleng »

Takiap wrote:So, now in this very brief sober moment, could someone please tell me where or when sport is played in Thailand?
I guess it's any time of the day apart from between 2 and 5pm - because obviously there's nobody purchasing alcohol to fun their activities between those times
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Takiap wrote:in this very brief sober moment, could someone please tell me where or when sport is played in Thailand?

I know there is some kickboxing and some village football, but where do all the school kids play tennis; swim; do athletics; cricket; rugby and etc? I can't believe I have been missing out all these years. :shock:

:cheers:
Maybe our sponsor Dusit Thani Football Academy could advise if they benefit from any government funding.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

What is the increase rate for Spirits and when does it come into effect, please?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
bert91157

Post by bert91157 »

Steve G, the amount you have spent on leo over the years you have likely paid for the stadium. :)
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I have always been impressed that in every town and city in the USA there are basketball courts available for public use everywhere, even in the most urban areas. Usually floodlit at night and always being used. Relative ly inexpensive for the city to provide.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

What increase in alcohol tax?. I don't know of any increase and a search shows nothing,
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I won't look for any increase, but do you realise the thread is over 1 year old?

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Well spotted BB but looking at the last few posts, it wasn't immediately obvious.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, it's always the same when the same month in another year is the previous post :thumb:

Points 41; Position 18
buksida

Post by buksida »

Changes to alcohol taxes won’t leave a sour taste for consumers, tax authorities said Monday.

While new alcohol tax rates have yet to be finalized, the Excise Department says don’t expect alcohol to be taxed at the newly raised cap of up to 150 percent of retail price.

Different types of alcohol will be assessed at various rates, which will raise the possible tax across the board except for wine, which will actually fall.

The biggest change is coming to how the taxes are assessed. Instead of being levied on the price out of the factory, the new structure will be imposed on retail prices.

Top tax man Somchai Poolsawat insisted the tax won’t be collected at the maximum level, and won’t be passed along to consumers.

Somchai said the new draft did not seek to increase taxes but make the structures more transparent and consistent with international standards. He added the government will also consider lowering the tax rate after the law comes into effect.

The new rate will go along with a new Excise Tax Bill already approved by the junta-appointed legislature and expected to come into effect mid year. It will replace the former version used since 1984 six months after it is officially published in the Royal Gazette.

The new law will replace seven separate ones that regulated excise taxes for liquor, tobacco, playing cards and more.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/busi ... ax-office/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Yes why should the Tax go to the Sports Fund, if anywhere it should go to Health Care or Alcoholism treatment
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Price of beer, wine and spirits go up with 100% to 150%

BYE BYE CHEAP BARS & CHEAP CHARLIES. The price of beer, wine and spirits could be double and for stronger beverages it could be even worse.

Whole sale prices go up with 100% till 150%.

Many entertainment venues will be closed .. !! ..."

http://www.hotties-pattaya.com/2017/02/ ... go-up.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

StevePIraq wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:38 pm Yes why should the Tax go to the Sports Fund, if anywhere it should go to Health Care or Alcoholism treatment
because sports is a potential source of income. that and the govt. can use it as a source of moral turpitude.
the increase of alcohol tax makes it harder for the average thai to purchase alcohol, thus cutting down on the number of vehicular accidents caused by all those poor Lamborghini drivers who run into and over people.
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

that's going to attract more tourist
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Increasing tax does not reduce purchasing, has it worked in the UK with the increase on alcohol and tobacco, not at all.
Any increase should go to Health Care or Alcoholism treatment
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali