Khuai Thiouw < Ba Mee moo dang

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Khuai Thiouw < Ba Mee moo dang

Post by Farang »

'
Everyone and all his also illegitimate brothers know about Khuai Thiouw – noodle soup with white meatballs, right?

Right. Now, an infinitely better version of the Grand Theme is Ba Mee, which is Khuai Thiouw but with yellow (egg) noodles.
The best Ba Mee in Hua Hin is available every day 18.00- 03.00 hrs at a road-side hawker stall.
Cross the railway at 88, turn immediately to right and on your left, 15 meters from 7-11 is a very sweet lady
making the best Ba Mee I have ever come across in Thailand. EVER!
There is a Thai toilet available at the stall and should one desire beer, the 7-11 is just 15 meters away.

I know I should not tell you this, as the most discerning ones of you will overrun the place but whaddahell;
most of the people on the board are illiterate anyway and the Ba Mee is, in fact, worth several serious stampedes.

Enjoy!

P.S. Those really in the know would take their Ba Mee with Moo Dang, but this gem I’ll not reveal to you.

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Oh yes, but not just in HH, it's delicious everywhere. I like it 'heng' which is just the noodles with no soup or just a splash of soup, and with thin slices of moo dang layered on top and no white meat/fish balls. Over here with that style, they'll give you a small separate bowl of broth with a piece of cooked turnip in it, very good, even you don't like turnips...LOL. Pete :cheers:

PS: I think the yellow noodles are actually made from wheat rather than rice? You guys can confirm next time you try some.