Fast track Suvarnabumhi

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: Fast track Suvarnabumhi

Post by thecolonel »

BFS met me 10days ago, good service but a tad expensive IMO, they don't walk you through immigration they show you to it and they then go around it but send you through it and meet you again in baggage hall. There will be little to no queue at all in the priority lanes. I waited about 20 seconds!

Sent from my CUBOT_NOTE_S using Tapatalk
baron45
Novice
Novice

Re: Fast track Suvarnabumhi

Post by baron45 »

thecolonel wrote:Thinking of Bangkok Flight Services 850 bht they meet you and get thru immigration. Plus porter 250 bht is optional (I'm injured so may choose this extra) if anyone has any experiences I'm all earsImageImage

Probably worth the cost since I've had an hour wait thru immigration one time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Fast Track at Bangkok Airport

Post by Dannie Boy »

I came across this article earlier so thought I would post it, but what made me smile was the following comment hidden in between the article -

The reason why it failed is pretty easy to identify. Thai authorities are always big in announcing all sorts of measures and the funding for such usually disappears in private pockets short after.”

Full article here:
https://loyaltylobby.com/2015/11/21/ban ... er-checks/
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: Fast Track at Bangkok Airport

Post by 404cameljockey »

The other thing to smile at is the article's disbelief that this will ever come to pass. Another stupid idea that will never see the light of day. Business and first class passengers joining the hoi polloi queues. Dream on.
Phyton
Professional
Professional

Post by Phyton »

As business or first class pax you get a "Premium Lane" Voucher for the fast lane area. This is between the 2 immigation zone.
Greets,
Phyton
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

404cameljockey wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:49 pm The other thing to smile at is the article's disbelief that this will ever come to pass. Another stupid idea that will never see the light of day. Business and first class passengers joining the hoi polloi queues. Dream on.
That's not APPS. The author did a piss-poor job in distinguishing between the two.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Homer wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:53 pm
404cameljockey wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:49 pm The other thing to smile at is the article's disbelief that this will ever come to pass. Another stupid idea that will never see the light of day. Business and first class passengers joining the hoi polloi queues. Dream on.
That's not APPS. The author did a piss-poor job in distinguishing between the two.
Yes I understand Fast Track is not APPS. I thought the article to mean APPS is unlikely to be introduced because it would mean the cancellation of Fast Track schemes, which would lose the airport revenue.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

404cameljockey wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:09 am Yes I understand Fast Track is not APPS. I thought the article to mean APPS is unlikely to be introduced because it would mean the cancellation of Fast Track schemes, which would lose the airport revenue.
I see. Given the site caters to frequent flyers, I thought his connecting APPS to Premium Lane was unsubstantiated click bait.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Homer wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:39 am I see. Given the site caters to frequent flyers, I thought his connecting APPS to Premium Lane was unsubstantiated click bait.
Ah. Yes probably correct.