Premier League 2016-2017

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Premier League 2016-2017

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Come On You Spurs!

Looking forward to the new season but not the wait :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciFK6smUTAg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciFK6smUTAg[/youtube]
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Premier League 2016-2017

Post by dtaai-maai »

JG, you need to delete the 's' from https when posting a Youtube video.

This is the way
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Thanks DM.

The edjit who wrote the software must think we are mind readers and the hint says 'Insert Full URL'

Let me try again by picking a random FA Cup game:

Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

JimmyGreaves wrote: Let me try again by picking a random FA Cup game:
:laugh: :laugh: Such a bad boy, JG!
This is the way
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

At last two firsts for Spurs, well for their fans at least. First to post on the 2016/2017 season and first to post a reply. Congratulations.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

What owner of a top flight club is going to want van Gaal? I would think none. The whole world has had a few years to watch his coaching style and conservative approach so I can't see him being a top choice. Perhaps he'll go back to the Dutch national team. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

It would be nice if Manchester United do appoint Jose Mourinho as their new manager that he gets off to as good a start as he did last season, now that would be awesome :wink:
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

I was watching a respected football journalist on Sky News last night, he said Mourinho is a good short-term fix, he creates a siege mentality," everybody is against us, the FA, the media, the referees, the linesmen and the ballboys." This works for a season or two then the players become weary of the constant warfare and rebel, just as the Chelsea players did last season. What he said made sense.
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Yep,it does look like the "Special One" will be taking over at Old Trafford next season.....wonder if Eva Carneiro will be the new club doctor ? :rasta:

Louis van Gaal has been sacked as manager of Manchester United, with former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho set to be named as his replacement.
Van Gaal, 64, leaves after two years of a three-year contract and is currently discussing severance terms.
The former Netherlands boss is believed to earn around £6.4m a year.
Mourinho's appointment is expected to be confirmed after the 53-year-old Portuguese meets with senior United officials on Tuesday.
It is not yet certain what future Ryan Giggs, Van Gaal's assistant, has at Old Trafford or what will happen to the rest of the coaching team.
BBC Sport reported on Saturday that United's FA Cup win over Crystal Palace would be Van Gaal's last game in charge.
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

prcscct wrote:What owner of a top flight club is going to want van Gaal? I would think none. The whole world has had a few years to watch his coaching style and conservative approach so I can't see him being a top choice. Perhaps he'll go back to the Dutch national team. Pete :cheers:
Hi prsscct, did you make a pick of which team you supported in the season just past? I know you don`t have a great record so maybe a few quid on your new team to be relegated may be worth a bet. :twisted:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

arcadianagain wrote:
prcscct wrote:What owner of a top flight club is going to want van Gaal? I would think none. The whole world has had a few years to watch his coaching style and conservative approach so I can't see him being a top choice. Perhaps he'll go back to the Dutch national team. Pete :cheers:
Hi prsscct, did you make a pick of which team you supported in the season just past? I know you don`t have a great record so maybe a few quid on your new team to be relegated may be worth a bet. :twisted:
I'm still backing Fulham as they sink into oblivion. They could very well end up in League 1 at the end of next season. My voodoo curse services are for hire, name a team and I'll schedule a ritual after payment received! :lach:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Louis Van Gaal arrived at Manchester Uniteds Carrington training ground in a Mercedes on Monday morning but left several hours later on the 103 Airport bus,incognito,so he would not be recognized by the media.
Louis Van Gaal sacked.jpg
Louis Van Gaal sacked.jpg (44.08 KiB) Viewed 5625 times
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Okay, VG has gone, but I wonder how Man U fans really see the appointment of Mourinho?

When a new manager joins a big club, I tend to look at how I'd feel about having him at Spurs. Klopp ok, Guardiola ok, but Mourinho? No thanks. It's a massive gamble IMO.
This is the way
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

True....with Mourinho its s h I t or bust.....theres no-one else available. :(
United missed a trick when Klopp was without a club co-inciding with Uniteds shocking run of dire football,including no goals before half time in 11 consecutive home matches.
But Van Gaal had to go.He spent a fortune in the summer and we were rewarded with dreary,possession football.....sometimes only a couple of shots on goal in the entire 90 minutes !
49 goals in 38 games and,by far,the most backward passes in the league tells its own story.....
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

But you won the FA Cup!
Talk is cheap