News of the Weird - this just in!

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: News of the Weird - this just in!

Post by STEVE G »

Instant noodles and formula milk are 'making babies gay' says Mayor

A city mayor in Indonesia has come under fire for suggesting instant noodles and formula milk are 'making babies gay'.

Arief R Wismansyah made the bizarre claim during a pregnancy seminar in the city, located to the west of Jakarta, earlier this week.

"To create Indonesian children that are healthy smart and competitive, the most important thing is, from the beginning, to provide them adequate nutrition, especially breastfeeding," Mr Wismansyah said, according to Indonesian news website Okezone.

He said canned milk and instant noodles are being more and more heavily relied upon as parents are getting busier.
"It's no wonder there are more LGBT," he said.
He has also reportedly said: "God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Asep".
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... mayor.html
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I do know that I cant watch sad movies after I drink canned milk and eat instant noodles, just cant stop crying!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

A Bear, A Lion, and a Tiger, Oh My!

"Bear, Lion and Tiger Become an Inseperable Trio After a Sharing a Traumatic Past"

https://news.yahoo.com/bear-lion-tiger- ... .html?nf=1
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

"In the 19th Century, a Pennsylvania dentist called WH Atkinson came across a condition that sounds like the stuff of nightmares. Writing in The Dental Cosmos, the first major journal for American dentists, Atkinson documented an outbreak of exploding teeth."...... :shock:

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2016030 ... future_rss
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Wasn't me:

Dog pops up in driver's seat in US

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/310 ... eat-in-us/

One dog apparently has learned a new trick: how to drive a semi-truck.

Customers at a Minnesota petrol station saw a golden Labrador retriever appear to drive the semi across a road on Friday.
Police say the idling truck apparently was put into gear, then went through a parking lot, across the street and over a curb.
phpKzJ28AAM.jpg
phpKzJ28AAM.jpg (51.99 KiB) Viewed 741 times
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Chinese woman trapped for a month in an elevator starves to death

Elevator maintenance men returning to work after a month-long break for Chinese new year made a horrific discovery last week when they opened the cab of a broken lift and found the body of a woman who had been trapped inside since late January and starved to death.

The gruesome incident in the western city of Xi’an, renowned as the home of China’s Terra Cotta Warriors, has sparked outrage over the apparent negligence of the elevator repair company and the building’s management office.

The property managers told the Beijing Youth Daily that the elevator cab was returned to the first floor and taken out of service after workers had “confirmed” that no one was inside. But police investigators said workers simply shouted to check whether anyone was inside and did not open the cab to perform a visual inspection, the news magazine Caixin reported. ..."

http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg ... story.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

'My four-year-old gets jacked up to shoot': mother brags hours before he shoots her

Hours after gun-rights advocate Jamie Gilt bragged on Facebook that her four-year-old son "gets jacked up to target shoot," the same child accidentally turned his mother into a target, shooting her in the back.
The 31-year-old Jacksonville woman was driving down a road in Putnam County, Florida, on Tuesday when her son managed to get hold of a gun while he was sitting in the back seat of the vehicle, according to a statement released by the Putnam County Sheriff's Department.
Officials told the Florida Times-Union that the child fired a .45-caliber handgun that he found on the truck's floor into the driver's seat.
"She was shot through the seat and the round went through her back," Sheriff's Captain Joseph Wells told the Times-Union. "There was a booster seat in the back of the vehicle, but, however, the boy was not strapped in when the deputy got to them."
Gilt — who was towing a horse trailer when the incident occurred — was on her way to a relative's home to pick up a horse, police said.
Her vehicle was spotted by a sheriff's deputy who was driving by and noticed Gilt in the driver's seat "motioning to him as if she needed assistance," according to police. After approaching the vehicle, the deputy realised that Gilt had been shot.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/my-fouryear ... nf1yv.html
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Florida Woman Fights to Keep Her Pet Alligator Who Wears Clothes and 'Rides' ATVs"

https://gma.yahoo.com/florida-woman-fig ... ories.html#
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Microsoft launches AI chatbot on Twitter and it turns racist within hours

Microsoft introduced a chat robot designed to interact in the style of a “teen girl” on Twitter, and it went rogue almost immediately, spouting racist opinions, conspiracy theories and a fondness for genocide.

The artificial intelligence (AI) named “Tay” - @Tayandyou on Twitter - was intended chat to with 18-24 year olds with the idea being that she would learn from each tweet and get progressively smarter.

Clearly Microsoft had forgotten that Twitter is home to a huge amount of trolls, racists and general troublemakers who jumped at the chance to ‘teach’ the teenaged AI about life.

In one widely circulated tweet, Tay said: “Bush did 9/11 and Hitler would have done a better job than the monkey we have got now. donald trump is the only hope we’ve got”.

She also went on to deny the existence of the Holocaust, and agreed with white supremacist propaganda that was tweeted at her.

Microsoft apparently didn’t put any kind of filters on the AI, which meant Tay was able to tweet a number of atrocious racial slurs.

The troublesome cyber-teen has since been taken offline for ‘upgrades’ and Microsoft has deleted some of her more offensive tweets.

“The AI chatbot Tay is a machine learning project, designed for human engagement. As it learns, some of its responses are inappropriate and indicative of the types of interactions some people are having with it. We’re making some adjustments to Tay,” Microsoft said in a statement.

The rapid descent of Tay from innocent AI chatbot to racist, Hitler-loving conspiracy theorist has raised concerns over the future of ‘learning’ tech and AI. ..."

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/microsoft-la ... 24697.html
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

Members of Daesh, still think that the rest of us love them.
Wierd huh. I pity so many countries in Europe who have been
taken over by these people who seem so anxious to run and join IS
so that they can go back to Europe and get even with the bullies, and
others who treated them bad earlier in their lives. That must be the reason these losers
all go to join these terrorists. Maybe as a Geezer, I have it all wrong.
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It's weird news because I don't think there is an intelligent person alive who doesn't initially think and ask, "who built it and how?". I do like the part though about; ...."and women are advised not to wear skirts.".... :twisted:

First glass skywalk on cliff by Mekong River opens at Wat Pa Tak Sua

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/158635
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

But visiting the glass skywalk, tourists have to abide by the safety rules strictly as the skywalk could accommodate only 20 persons at once.
Yeah, right. I hope that the construction "engineer" could count better than the "look at me" types standing on it!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Obviously just a load bearing test :?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

:shock: :roll:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/a ... stan-court

...."A policeman in Pakistan accidentally exploded a bomb in an anti-terrorism court after attempting to demonstrate a grenade detonator to the judge.

Constable Liaquat Ali was injured by the blast moments after he assured the judge that the piece of evidence had been disarmed.".....
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Unbelievable talent. Pete :cheers:

Willard Wigan's 'To See or Not to See' Shakespeare goes on show