Sunshine Resort

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Sunshine Resort

Post by Frank La Rue »

There is a Colonial VIlla - style Hotel accross from Market Village, called Baan Banyan, which has a good lunch - time restaurant btw. In 2008 June we stayed in a Resort next door with my wife's sister and her family. My wife tells me its called the Sunshine Resort. We stayed there as they rent(ed) out town- house type appartments with 2 bedrooms and Bathroom upsairs, toilet and lounge with kitchen downstairs - really great for families. convenient accross from Market Village and tuk-tuks right outside to take any one to the old town or elsewhere.

Some friends of ours are planning to go to Hua Hin - with their kids and we are thinking of staying in the same place. Now, here's the thing I only find the Sunshine Hotel, not resort and there is no mention of the appartments nor pics to go, so wondering if anyone would know if the place as I recall it, is gone.

Btw I recently lost a bet that the album "Roaring Silence" by Manfred Man's Earth band came out in 1973, I was dead certain of this as I recall listening to "Blinded By the Light" on the radio from my bed in 1973 one winters day before getting up to go to school. I recall the scene vividly, so vividly that I re-aquired the album again 2 years ago.

It came out in 1976.

So. maybe this is another inaccuracy. I was in Thailand though, as i have pics with our little son from the appartment proving it and I just checked the stamp in my passport.
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Sunshine Resort

Post by Pagey »

Next door to Baan Bayan is a place called Baan Chan Chay which has rooms & bungalows. Try looking at their website to see if that is the place.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Re: Sunshine Resort

Post by Frank La Rue »

Pagey, my Man!

That's it - I recognize the dribks machine in the restaurant area!

http://www.chanchay.com/index.php?optio ... 31&lang=en

The whole concept is to rent an apparttment and visit the restaurant in Baan Banyan for lunch - the best of both worlds

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.