Airport VIP Bus to and from Hua Hin

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
ttk
Novice
Novice

Re: Airport VIP Bus to and from Hua Hin

Post by ttk »

I did the airport to Hua Hin bus on the jan 15. I caught the furst bus in the morning. You should really have the reservation in advance. The day I did the trip, the first several buses were full and the first walk up reservation they had was for 1:30 or so.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Went to the bus station this morning to purchase a ticket for 30th january departure,took a 5baht coin knowing that they rarely have change,thought i would try and help.Ticket was processed,was then offered the option of various seats available,although not for me,i chose one,and the lady began her process.
Checked the details,and was then handed back my 5 baht coin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no need apparently,the price has been reduced,yes reduced,to the amazing sum of 294baht.
Lets hope the price of oil continues to go south,but surely someone would have said,reduce to 300 baht,or 295 baht,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i guess i am missing the Thai business principle here!
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Thistle wrote:Went to the bus station this morning to purchase a ticket for 30th january departure,took a 5baht coin knowing that they rarely have change,thought i would try and help.Ticket was processed,was then offered the option of various seats available,although not for me,i chose one,and the lady began her process.
Checked the details,and was then handed back my 5 baht coin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no need apparently,the price has been reduced,yes reduced,to the amazing sum of 294baht.
Lets hope the price of oil continues to go south,but surely someone would have said,reduce to 300 baht,or 295 baht,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i guess i am missing the Thai business principle here!
Just be thankful there is such a good service to the airport
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

PET wrote:
Thistle wrote:Went to the bus station this morning to purchase a ticket for 30th january departure,took a 5baht coin knowing that they rarely have change,thought i would try and help.Ticket was processed,was then offered the option of various seats available,although not for me,i chose one,and the lady began her process.
Just be thankful there is such a good service to the airport
I am,think its an excellent service,long may it continue.Just surprised with the price reduction for this extremely good,quality transportation.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Yes found the same surprise. Guess they are passing their savings on oil onto their customers.

Only wish the airlines would follow suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Saw the A/pt bus coming into HH yesterday afternoon...FULL again..which to me is a good sign.
It seems such a rare thing here nowadays for tourists to be offered a good service for a very fair price... Again, I say well done & many thanks to them.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

As a footnote..you will have all noticed that the HH taxis, songthaews & tuk-tuks have lowered their fares in response to lower fuel prices...Er..NOT!! :cuss:
(294B to come from the BKK a/pt..then 200B to get into town from bus station.. :tsk: )
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^Just for a moment there I thought that was going to be a US post without a whinge...
This is the way
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

usual suspect wrote: As a footnote..you will have all noticed that the HH taxis, songthaews & tuk-tuks have lowered their fares in response to lower fuel prices...Er..NOT!! :cuss:
(294B to come from the BKK a/pt..then 200B to get into town from bus station.. :tsk: )
I gave up public transport a long time ago for multiple reasons including the thievery, poor service, contempt for customers by operators, blatantly poor consideration for safety and general arrogant attitude that puts my back up.

I will live longer and have a more postitive disposition for longer if I have nothing to do with "public transport" (as it's laughably called) here.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Is there a website for the VIP bus to Suvarnabhumi?

Thanks!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

migrant wrote:Is there a website for the VIP bus to Suvarnabhumi?

Thanks!
Found it, sorry for irrelevant post! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Hi all!

I'm trying to book the bus from BKK to HH in the beginning of February but that does not seem to be possible. The site says:
Open for booking until Jan. 31, 2016 only: (Announced on Oct 7, 2015)
Booking of the trip from Feb. 1st 2016 will be opened in Mid January 2016.
Has anyone more information on what's going on? Last year i reserved my tickets several months in advance without problem.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Ralfredo wrote:Hi all!

I'm trying to book the bus from BKK to HH in the beginning of February but that does not seem to be possible. The site says:
Has anyone more information on what's going on? Last year i reserved my tickets several months in advance without problem.
Maybe they will change dep/arr time or add/cut numbers off dep/arr.

will check it out if I pass the station one ,or maybe someone know something and will answer you

:cheers: :cheers:
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

I needed to go to MV this morning and, in traffic, was able to see two busses arriving and two leaving, all were full. My guess would be that they will increase the frequency of busses to support the growth in demand of passengers as the service becomes more widely known and used.

Until a high speed train service is available they are providing a much needed service, door to door, and appear to be fully booked. Good for them :D . Other tourist based services could learn from their example. (Provide good quality service at reasonable cost and continue to deliver)
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

We used the service when we went to the airport for Hong Kong. Very full and we were told that it was good we booked ahead since many runs were sold out.

Perhaps, like Bristolian said, they simply are unsure what runs they will make that far in advance. Did you try different times? Perhaps they have the base runs and add others as needed. Maybe a call? We found them very helpful and quick to respond.
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

Ralfredo wrote:Hi all!

There is now a notice on Bell Travel web site:

"Booking from February 1st 2016 - May 31st 2016 is now available via the New Booking Channel.
(Announced on Jan 15, 2016)"