RIP - A Lifelong Friend and Brother Lost

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: RIP - A Lifelong Friend and Brother Lost

Post by dtaai-maai »

If it comes down to it, then I'd say let them have the money, provided they let the kids go. Depends on the SA family's financial situation of course, and on their willingness to take the girls into their care - a major commitment.

EDIT: There is also the SA Immigration regulations to consider.
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote:If it comes down to it, then I'd say let them have the money, provided they let the kids go. Depends on the SA family's financial situation of course, and on their willingness to take the girls into their care - a major commitment.
I'm sure negotiation could keep the Thai family happy, and secure a decent future for the girls at the same time - the inheritance sounds as if it could be considerable. Having said that, a horrible task whoever has to barter for a satisfactory conclusion after such a crime.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

In family matters, the court will always try arbitration as the first step. If an agreement can be made there, then that agreement is embodied in a court order and becomes legal and enforceable. If no agreement is reached then it's passed to open court where the judge has the final say. The children may be interviewed at The Child Protection Agency which is usually away from the main court but the results of their findings are reported back to the court.

From experience, I know the judge will always take what is in the best interests of the children.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

If you don't mind me asking Takiap, how has this turned out in regards to the kids? I hope it's good news.

If you prefer not to open up conversation again, ask the Mods to lock the thread. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source