Dog Meat Trade in Thailand

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Re: Anti Dog Meat Trade Petition

Post by Lung Per »

No way.
Dog meat is a good and healthy nutrition for some people. Just as rat meat is.
A friend is only one click away
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Lung per I have seen many pictures of soi dogs 10 or more in a cage for 1 dog and the way they are treated before they die.
This is the main reason why this petition is around.
I find your remark extremely crass.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

lindosfan1 wrote:Lung per I have seen many pictures of soi dogs 10 or more in a cage for 1 dog and the way they are treated before they die.
Chickens, Pigs and Cows, however, are generally pampered in luxury surroundings until the day they are put down for our consumption...
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

There are in many countries regulations about treatment and method of killing those animals.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I'll happily sign a petition for regulating the treatments and methods of killing soi dogs.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Pleng in that case you had better sign this petition it is for banning illegal dog traders and there methods of killing the these dogs.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

lindosfan1 wrote:Lung per I have seen many pictures of soi dogs 10 or more in a cage for 1 dog and the way they are treated before they die.
Whether you like it or not, we are all free to express our opinion. Thank your God for that. I do not condone foul treatment of any animal. I am merely stating the nutrition value to some.
As far as soi dogs are concerned, I think they are a nuisance and in many cases represent a danger. Therefore they should be put away. Normally, nature would see to that but some do-gooders feel they should keep feeding them and thereby they just prolong their miserable lives.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

We as humans are intelligent enough to understand cruelty, Whether it be to animals or other humans it should be despised. There are some people and animals I do not like, but would not torture them or kill them in a cruel way. It has nothing to do with religion race or what ever. It relates to good and normal behaviour.
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

Lung Per wrote: As far as soi dogs are concerned, I think they are a nuisance and in many cases represent a danger. Therefore they should be put away. Normally, nature would see to that but some do-gooders feel they should keep feeding them and thereby they just prolong their miserable lives.

I couldn't agree more. I get so annoyed when people 'adopt' them.
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Pleng wrote:I'll happily sign a petition for regulating the treatments and methods of killing soi dogs.
Good post.

In a nutshell, I think Pleng has stated what we all actually hate about the consumption of dogs. Lindosfan has done too. It's not so much the eating of them, but rather the treatment of them before they visit a plate. I would sign a petition along the lines of what Pleng has said.

There's nothing wrong with eating dog (in my eyes) as long as it's been raised comfortably and properly for consumption, and put down humanely when it's ready. Yes, they are man's best friend but... We eat all kinds of other 'intelligent' animals too. It's all about treating the animal 'humanely' before it (unknowingly and painlessly) gets put to sleep.

:cheers:

edit : By the bye, we now have two recent threads running regarding Dog Meat. That will be 20 baht please mods for pointing that out. I accept Credit cards. :wink:
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

lindosfan1 wrote:We as humans are intelligent enough to understand cruelty, Whether it be to animals or other humans it should be despised. There are some people and animals I do not like, but would not torture them or kill them in a cruel way. It has nothing to do with religion race or what ever. It relates to good and normal behaviour.
Amen to that.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

lindosfan1 wrote:It relates to good and normal behaviour.
For us fortunate enough to be given a proper upbringing, along with morals and the understanding of right and wrong - Yes!, absolutely. Unfortunately, many people around the world aren't able to educate themselves in any manner or form so don't share the same kind of thought processes. To change that, you are going to have to change the whole education system (for the poor) in every country that isn't aware of such a thing as 'animal rights' and the like.

To them it's just a dog. There is no easy fix for that mindset...

...only education.

The very best of luck to all that tries to change the world. Hat's off to you. I neither have the patience nor the know how to get such a thing done.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

GLC You are right but to hear forum members agreeing with the way the dogs are dealt with is wrong.
If your standards are low nothing is wrong in others trying to to help to raise those standards, but do not lower your standards by agreeing to the lower standards.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

I will re read again but I don't think anyone is agreeing with or condoning how they are dealt with... To condone animal torture would take one sick puppy.

GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Anywho, I decided to sign the petition (on the basis it may better the treatment of the animals before eaten) but, I fear, that along with the other six hundred thousand odd who signed.

'I've just wasted about 20 seconds of my life doing that. I could have been rolling up my next joi...'

Good luck to you. I mean that in the right tone.