Sick Goldfish

A place to discuss all things pets, vets and animal care.
Foodie

Re: Sick Goldfish

Post by Foodie »

GLCQuantum wrote:Why was a poster banned for saying what 90% of people would have posted... It's a goldfish - flush it. Most don't know that goldfish have feelings. I, for one, thought that foodie was joking (putting his previous posts in the equation) so posted accordingly. It was only when HHFarang posted that I realised it actually wasn't a troll post (from foodie) and realised that goldfish are treated like dogs in certain circles.

It seems to me that we have a trigger happy new moderator on the block. One with no reason, humor or grammar awareness..

Whacha gonna do kendo... Ban me too.

Chill the feck out, apologise to the new poster, reinstate him and start again. Also, read Foodies previous posts.

Bizarre.

Yes please read my previous posts, The problem is you didnt like me calling you on your attitude and mental bizarreness. I have what 60 posts you have over 2000, it must be me who posts to shake the bee hive. It would be nice if you were banned you are an irritant. I hope Im able to say that.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

You didn't 'call' on my anything sweetheart. You were having it off with the newbie, calling him out on his low post count (which, with some means he's not worth listening too. Interesting to note that you take into account my post count too... All my post count means is that I've had enough time to waste my time more than others)

I thought your reply to the newbie was very harsh and, ultimately got him banned before he'd even started.

Given the topic of your post I thought, if you were serious, you would have replied in such a way as to let him know just why you would like to save said goldfish, rather than calling him a fool, lowly non-worthy post count member and, even going as far as saying...

"I would probably not help you if you were sick".

Over a fish.
Foodie

Post by Foodie »

GLCQuantum wrote:You didn't 'call' on my anything sweetheart. You were having it off with the newbie, calling him out on his low post count (which, with some means he's not worth listening too. Interesting to note that you take into account my post count too... All my post count means is that I've had enough time to waste my time more than others)

I thought your reply to the newbie was very harsh and, ultimately got him banned before he'd even started.

Given the topic of your post I thought, if you were serious, you would have replied in such a way as to let him know just why you would like to save said goldfish, rather than calling him a fool, lowly non-worthy post count member and, even going as far as saying...

"I would probably not help you if you were sick".

Over a fish.

Yup......
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

:offtopic: please.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

GLCQuantum wrote:By 'sort of' what do you mean :shock:.
Often lying on its side or back motionless - looking very dead.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Sorry foodie, it appears my missus has long lost that number. I did a google search and found many hits of goldfish with the same symptoms and lots of suggestions.

https://www.google.co.th/search?client= ... mQWvsIKoAQ

If I were you I would join one of these dedicated fishkeeping forums and ask there. You're sure to get better answers without the stupid ones like some you've gotten on here.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

hhfarang wrote:If I were you I would join one of these dedicated fishkeeping forums and ask there. You're sure to get better answers without the stupid ones like some you've gotten on here.
I'm glad the OP has had plenty of good advice, and now that he has I hope I can say without causing further offence :) that if I opened a thread with the brief question "Is there a Vet that does Fish?", I'd be expecting a barrage of the usual banter.
This is the way
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

DM the open poster as you can see has only knoched up 60 posts maybe still quite forum green and inexperienced.
However we don't want to see a relatively newbie put off posting because of some less than helpfull posts or posts that might cause offence.

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Indeed we do not, o kendo, but I must confess that mine own fingers were twitching mightily... :laugh:
This is the way
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

I can empathize with the OP, the only pet I have ever owned was a goldfish, and sadly, it passed within a week of me winning it at the local fair. I never really got to know it.
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I think I am right in saying fish don't have feelings as they are cold blooded but like any pet it dosen't stop people having some sort of emotional attachment to them.
I had my dog for almost fourteen years and on her passing I was hurt.

richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

It seems strange to many people that a person can get attached to a fish or reptile as a pet but I've been through the tears and emotions of a daughters loss of her tortoise and pet lizard.

I was going to post a funny about the loss of my pet fish called 'Wanda' but thought it may be in bad taste :duck:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

I am very keen on the plants I grow and these are not even animals. Years ago my missus cut down the bamboos I had been growing for a long time and it really hurt me. So I can understand that people will feel very sad about a loss of any kind of animal. Nothing strange there IMHO:.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I guess if you nurture anything and watch it grow over time you will have some emotional attachment to it thats human nature.

richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Bamboo Grove wrote:I am very keen on the plants I grow and these are not even animals. Years ago my missus cut down the bamboos I had been growing for a long time and it really hurt me. So I can understand that people will feel very sad about a loss of any kind of animal. Nothing strange there IMHO:.
I can empathise with that. I'm not sure whether I'm nuts or not (don't really care) but I do say hello and goodnight to my potted plants. Sounds crazy but I believe scientists and nutters like Spike Milligan and Prince Charles believe it helps them grow :thumb:

Anyway, this topic is way off track so I'll post :offtopic: before the moderators start moderating :wink:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.