Another internet provider to avoid

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
buksida

Another internet provider to avoid

Post by buksida »

hinet service from CAT

Absolutely shocking, they even admitted it themselves when I questioned them about service:

Me: Why is the service so poor recently?

CAT: "Yes, it is over subscribed, there are 50 users per node so at peak times you are sharing with at least 40 other people."

Me: Do you have a better package?

CAT: "Yes, but it is more expensive, 2,500 baht per month."

Me: No problem, as long as it works, can I upgrade?

CAT: "Sorry, we do not have coverage in your area" (3km from Hua Hin center)

Me: :cuss:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Have the same problem with my ISP

TOT = CRAP :guns:

Get's even worse when you ARE connected and obviously someone on a higher tarrif in your area logs on - you lose your connection immediate :cuss:
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

We all know the story of the oversubscription of TT&T Maxnet but I have had less problems than others maybe because of the times I use it. I actually was getting the full (almost) throughput on it last night.

Howvever I have just discovered that I could now upgrade after one year to the 1Mb connection and only incur an extra 200 Bahtish per month service charge.

Does anybody know if that was true and have they tried it?

What are people opinions about the service from people who got it from the start.

I can get no sense out of TT&T's sales office and when I sent my daughter down there, who speaks Thai of course, she told that they were a bunch of idiots who had no clue about what they were sellling. In one case a girl did not know what 512Kbs meant.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
buksida

Post by buksida »

Guess wrote: I can get no sense out of TT&T's sales office and when I sent my daughter down there, who speaks Thai of course, she told that they were a bunch of idiots who had no clue about what they were sellling. In one case a girl did not know what 512Kbs meant.
This doesnt surprise me in the least.

I cancelled Maxnet after three months as I couldn't even download my email using it, on occasion I switched back to dialup which was faster.

I need to go there myself as I think the only solution for me is one of the corporate packages, I've tried every other type.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson