Been away far too long!

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
deepee
Guru
Guru

Been away far too long!

Post by deepee »

G'Day to all,
Only just signed up this past week after stumbling on to your forum last month.I was researching H.H. and environs.
I was a regular visitor to Thailand from the mid 1970"s up until about 12 years ago.Always managed to stop by in H.H ,It was just such a good place to chill out. We have many fond memories of sitting down by the sea each evening sipping on the" Amarit" .( wish Chang was around in those times!)
The dear misses and self stumbled into town just this last August on an unexpected stopover.A strange coincidence linking back to a visit to Lop-Buri years ago, and the Wat on the hill in town has kindled a new facination with H.H for me.What fate awaits us ? time will tell.

Wishing you all much fun where ever you may be.
deepee.
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Welcome to the forum.
Have fun.

:cheers:
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

Yea hi deepee,

There are not many on here from the 70's, never came to Thailand until 91 myself, found Hua Hin by accident in 03. What was Hua Hin like in them days, would love to know your take on the differences. :D

JD
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Welcome aboard deepee, look forward to you contributions.
deepee
Guru
Guru

Post by deepee »

J.D here's some notes taken from my diary April 1976.

train Bkk to HH 3 RD class 40 baht -all stations nearly 6 hours ! packed to the door steps.
arrived to that o' so sweet sea breeze, been so hot and humid inland this trip.headed straiht up to the wat on the hill ,so much cooler.

The market is really dirty . mangy dogs roaming right on thru it. sea food a bit sus in this heat. street urchin kids pushy selling sea-shell jewellery,hard to shake them off.

the buses are real heaps even by BKK standards. just how do those drivers manage to sit side -saddle and drive on the roads here ?serious pot holes, real bum breakers.
sam lors 75 b day .the way to go.

horse rides down on the beach ,fleas tho.

the hotel water off again this am .look around tonight fof new one ,cooler.

the mobile cinema truck in town last night .screen was flopping around in the wind ,p.a. loud and distorted ,no one seemed to notice .big mob there.
lots of Thai sweets for sale ,bought heeps as usual-enough for days -why?

told tigers around the golf course at night- sounds a bit sus to me tho.

off to a place down south called Phuket near Had Yai soon .200 b a.c bus.
supposed to be some good beaches there.

J.D. all sounds a bit harsh on HH eh ? but most of the country was then.
By the way got to Phuket. stayed at a remote beach called PATONG,
rough trac k in , stayed at an old Portugese plantation owners house .
the beach was pristine . a handfull of huts and that was it man.
noted in my journal" this place could go off , if only it wasn't so far from every thing"