Driving standards in wet weather

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Driving standards in wet weather

Post by hhinner »

GN, do you mean the road from Amphawa, just after Samut Songkhram down to Cha-Am? I use it all the time. Very relaxing compared to Phetkhasem. Fortunately it's too slow for the "in a hurry" crowd. I can't see on Google maps how you would get on it at Samut Sakhon, but it would be great if it's possible.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

AhFarangJa

The fishing has been very good this week - lots of Carp 8)

kendo - The Siamese Carp are now reaching 20-25kg in the top pond. with 10 -15 quite common. 30 - 35 kg in the bottom pond.
Nereus wrote:.......Never mind, I am sure that by the end of next year you will be able to zip up and down on the high speed train! :duck:
Next decade maybe.........
Big Boy wrote:...........If he can't, he will know who to blame :wink: . If he can, he probably won't need to.
Probably...... :wink:
STEVE G wrote:.............You don't need hazard lights to drive fast in the rain if you have all the right protection:
Absolutely Steve - these are "must haves" to assist in the fatal injuries of your passengers. IF that vehicle has a passenger airbag, it would surely not work.

GN - I've not tried that road as yet, tho' I'm assured that it is well liked by the bikers. :D
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

hhinner wrote:GN, do you mean the road from Amphawa, just after Samut Songkhram down to Cha-Am? I use it all the time. Very relaxing compared to Phetkhasem. Fortunately it's too slow for the "in a hurry" crowd. I can't see on Google maps how you would get on it at Samut Sakhon, but it would be great if it's possible.
hhinner,
try this link from Google Maps:
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=35 ... 1,2,3&z=10
I'm pretty sure this is the route I took today more or less.

Perhaps worth giving it ago one of these days Terry. Bit slow to start with as no overtaking and some tight bends but from around Petchaburi to Chaam the road is pretty good.
No stopping the Ninja of course.... 8)
:cheers:
GN.

Edit: hhinner, yeah you are correct; not Samut Songkhram but Ampawa. Thanks for the correction.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

It was Samut Sakhon I was questioning. Samut Songkhram is good enough. I was imagining people wandering around Samut Sakhon trying to find a non-existant road. :D