a bit of a update

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
silverbird

Post by silverbird »

To own land through a company means

“it has to be a real trading companyâ€
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Silverbird,

Yes ALL companies MUST file tax returns, if not they are not trading and can/will be closed down, a solicitor will advise you on this.
This is normal practice now and before any recent regulation on companies.

The recent regulation regarding companies does not refer to how companies should trade and about their tax returns, but is just something that was posted on the other website.

Cheers,

Burger
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Burger,

I would be interested to hear more about the three company land transfers you did last week. Were they trading companies? What kind of businesses? Foreign directors? Thai directors income? Not checked? Any thing you have for hard facts would be helpful.
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Nomad,

PM me any questions you have and I will answer them.

As you are probably aware companies to buy land/house are usually set-up just before land transfer takes place, so are only a couple of weeks 'old', so doubt much trading has taken place. Obviously I wouldn't comment on that anyway.

Also please read the recent government regulations, shareholders income is only checked at 'company formation' stage with the Ministry of Commerce and not checked during land transfer, unless the purchaser is a developer.

Cheers,

Burger