GPS

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

GPS

Post by bsdk1960 »

Hello everyone.

I'l arrive tomorrow in Hua Hin, and bring a Garmin Nuvi 250,so my quistien is if someone can tell me where i can buy or download maps in eng.-thai. for my device, and how much do you think it will cost me.
Thanks . :cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Re: GPS

Post by Big Boy »

I don't know about the Garmin, but I simply went on to the Tom Tom site and downloaded mine for my Tom Tom. Very cheap (£24.95) as well.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

GPS Society (Garmin by ESRI Thailand) gpssociety@cdg.co.th
They have Thailand map CD they will send by mail or you can see them in Bangkok
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

thanks both off you...

:cheers: :cheers:
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

Download from Garmin before you come or after you arrive. Bring your cables, etc. You cannot find GPS Flash memory cards in Hua Hin, Thailand that I could find. Others may know better.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Yes, apparently you can download the software from the Garmin site, or so my better half says. She recently bought a Garmin here which only speaks Thai :D but she has asked me if I want it to speak English as well, and if so, she'll download the English version, so I assume it's readily available via the Garmin site.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I have downloaded English language Thailand map updates from ESRI (mentioned above) in Bangkok. If you don't want to do that or don't know how to install it into the device you can purchase the latest (ESRI) maps in Hua Hin at Power Buy, Pure Electric, Se-Ed Book store (Market Village) or Tesco Lotus (Market Village) according to their affiliate web site.

http://www.gpssociety.com/EN/Pages/dealerlocation.aspx
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Condoking
Professional
Professional

Post by Condoking »

hhfarang wrote:I have downloaded English language Thailand map updates from ESRI (mentioned above) in Bangkok. If you don't want to do that or don't know how to install it into the device you can purchase the latest (ESRI) maps in Hua Hin at Power Buy, Pure Electric, Se-Ed Book store (Market Village) or Tesco Lotus (Market Village) according to their affiliate web site.

http://www.gpssociety.com/EN/Pages/dealerlocation.aspx
On the 3rd floor Market village there is a shop which will download everything you want onto your GPS. Full Thai and Europe cost about 800 THB. Shop is about 2 or 3 along from True Vision towards the main escalators
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and then again I just sits" Punch 24th Oct 1906
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

thanks everyone. I will go and look at market villa or try the internet.

:cheers: :cheers: