In Car CD/MP3 Player

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
certocito

In Car CD/MP3 Player

Post by certocito »

I'm looking to replace my in car stereo - one I have is too tempramental. I suppose I could go to the Toyota dealer for a new one (the one I have is not factory fitted). Anybody know anywhere where I can get a new one fitted correctly etc. at a fair price..??
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Re: In Car CD/MP3 Player

Post by VincentD »

You can get cheap, as in less than 2,000 baht for a single DIN audio player (assuming your speakers etc are still in working condition) to more than 20,000 for a 'no-name' but has everything including GPS and reverse camera 2 DIN player.

Try browsing klongthom2<dot>com, it's a local site and will give you an idea of the prices and availability. Note that Klongthom is an area in Chinatown in Bangkok known for car accessories, audio being one of them.
วินเชนท์
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I don't know about fitting, but there's a shop at the end of the grand market that sells all that kind of stuff.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

The easiest way - if you have an Ipod - would be to get their in car plug in widget/iPod dock. They just plug in to an existing socket.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
certocito

Post by certocito »

Many thanks for the info guys..
H2ODunc
Professional
Professional

Post by H2ODunc »

I have a Toyota radio CD player that came with the new Toyota yaris I bought the wife. It has never been used as I had it replaced with an all singing and dancing sat nav, TV internet, camera one so it is just sat there.
3000 plus the bus costs and its yours !
:thumb:
I never forget a face but in your case I'll make an exception!