Discount on Greenfee? (Hua-Hin golf courses)

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Gutte

Post by Gutte »

I also hear the sound of wood hitting the ball quite frequently, but unfortunately not until the end of the shot...

JW, I'll tell the three Hua Hin based of the pros I mentioned that you think they're no good because they can't tell if my clubs are copies or not. You probably know them (!), but I guess they wouldn't know your signature.

I had my clubs tested for balance and swing weight and whatever it is called, and they are OK. Of course I realise that I have been lucky to get good clubs, and I totally agree with your opinion about shops or people who sell them too expensive and without telling that they are copies.

But I have paid in total something like 22-24 000 Baht for 4 full sets of clubs including 9 irons, driver, two fairway woods, putter, bag and travel bag. At least one set is very good and the others are OK according to my friends.

Well used money, in my opinion.

Gutte
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Gutte,

I only know what i saw back in England last summer, 5 or 6 guys came back form Asia having bought fake Callaways that they thought were real, they had paid about 300 pounds for full set. When i offered them 25 pounds for them they were very shocked! When i showed them a real club and they could see the finishing around the hosel, logos, grips etc they realised they had been well and trully done.
I cant comment on yours as i havent seen them, but i reckon i would know. But as i said in my last post if you are happy with them and yopui didnt pay big money thats fine.

prscct and Jim,

I have an old Mizuno persimmon that belonged to Seve, got it from Peter Cowen about 10 years ago. On pure strikes the difference is not as huge as you would think in comparsion to todays drivers, its the off centre ones that show the big difference. Your right that the feel when you nail one with an old driver is very pure and much nicer than the current gear.
Still love watching "Shells wonderful world of golf", has the greats of the past playing match play (Sneed, Demerit and the likes). Its a great old game!
Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

Spot on JW. I dont hit it any further than I used to, but my bad ones with the metal driver go where the 95%-ers with the Persimmon used to.

Seve was my hero. If I had his driver, I'd sleep with it.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

It was always Greg and Seve for me! The driver is really beautiful and i have used it occasionally, (teed low mind - couldnt face a sky mark on it!). Next time your in Hua Hin let me know and we can have a knock if you like - may even bring the old stick out!

Cheers
Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

It's a deal. We're over in September to try to move into the house again. We should have a Calcutta cup against Charlie and Brian.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม