pool league

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

pool league

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I'm a moderate man but there comes a time.......
I've recently been attacked by some idiots regarding the pool league, of which I've no connection at all.
I have no intention of ever playing for the hua hin pool league. Its too political to be fun!
The people playing pool put too much store in its importance. Its a local pool league played by locals formed by locals. Dont bloviate your importance.
Christ there are far more important important things too worry about.
www.35mmview.com
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Randy,

I agree with you, its all gfone tits up as far as i can see. JW bar will not be joining for the up coming season. Our players will if we want get together on wednesdays and shoot some pool and have a few beers. Having the top league purely of thai teams with falang teams pulling out is wrong, purley based on that i am out.
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

Just logged on this morning to find this in my PM box.

One of the good things about living in Hua Hin is the organization of the pool league. Started by Ozmo a couple of years back, the amount of teams participating has more than doubled, proving how popular it has become. Magnus and Steve carried on the good work and Chris has done well since he has taken over the running of the leagues. One of the biggest successes this year, in my opinion, is the fact more Thai people have become involved. Living here in Thailand I am ashamed to say I have not learned the language, but Wednesday night pool league gave me the opportunity, on occasion to have fun and communicate on a basic level with the Thai’s who live here. If I am to believe what I have heard regarding the pool meeting last night, these ‘opportunities’ are about to become a lot rarer.

I hope this is not true, but it seems the Hua Hin leagues are now run on a commercial basis only. Teams with too many Thai people are apparently not wanted by the white Ferang bar owners. The Thais only drink water and are therefore not commercially viable to the bar owners. So what have the bar owners decided to do? It seems unbelievable, but they have created what they call a “superâ€
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

Mike,
I am guessing that the sender of the Pm thought you might be concerned at the wider implications of what happened, as it exposes a rather ugly side of some of the people who call this country their home. However I am also guessing that he sent it to as many people as he could to generate discussion on the threads he created, one which has now been locked, and the second has disappeared. I have started a new, slightly less controversial one about this, as I was present at the meeting it refers to, and I have to say that the sender of that PM to you is pretty spot on.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

These "persons" have flooded the forum with their campaign and harassed members so I have no choice but to ban them. The discussion, which is an important one, can continue but the childish manner that these "persons" went about taking over the boards and PMs with their agenda is not acceptable. There are sensible ways of getting the message across.

Wanderlust has restarted the issue here:
http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/vi ... php?t=3530