PM Messages seem stuck in my outbox

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Siani
Legend
Legend

PM Messages seem stuck in my outbox

Post by Siani »

Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong please? I am PM someone and the message seems stuck in my outbox. I have 3 stuck in there. I have looked in messages sent and there is nothing saying that they have been sent. :(
chopsticks
Guru
Guru

Re: PM Messages seem stuck in my outbox

Post by chopsticks »

Siani wrote:Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong please? I am PM someone and the message seems stuck in my outbox. I have 3 stuck in there. I have looked in messages sent and there is nothing saying that they have been sent. :(
i think that's been asked before and is just the way it shows up until the recipient opens and reads the message
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

^ Yes, believe so, I am no expert but I think they (sent messages) go to your 'outbox' until the recipient views it and then it moves to your 'sent box', thus indicating that it has been read.

Some members are slow with this one, probably due to them using a 'popup blocker' etc and not being alerted to the new message. They actually have to see the 'New Message' section next to the 'Login' button on the top left of the page.

:cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Experts or not, the information given is correct. The PM will stay in your outbox until recipient opens it.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Thanks everyone :)
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

If the recipients are frequent posters Siani, in a thread where they're currently active just post "see your PM inbox". They'll likely see it. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source