Animal planet - tiger park

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Morten
Amateur
Amateur

Animal planet - tiger park

Post by Morten »

Just tuned in on animal planet yesterday to see the end of a program about a tiger park in thailand, anybody have information about this park, i think its sponsored by animal planet, and it was some munks who take care of the tigers.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Can't remember the name of it, but there's one just like that north of Kanchanaburi - about an hour's drive, I think. Have never been, but it looks fascinating.
david83

Post by david83 »

Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

There are tigers in Khao Yai national park too which is the first and oldest n.p. in Thailand. Well worth a visit.
Closer to Bangkok than Erawan and Srinakarin n.p.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
asc
Novice
Novice

More info

Post by asc »

Hi...

Here's a link to the tiger project at Wat Pa Luangta Bua Yanasampanno Forest Monastery, in Saiyok District of Kanchanaburi Province.

http://www.tigertemple.org/Eng/

/@sc
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Norseman wrote:There are tigers in Khao Yai national park too which is the first and oldest n.p. in Thailand. Well worth a visit.
Closer to Bangkok than Erawan and Srinakarin n.p.
Also Tigers in Khlong Lan/Mae Wong national parks but nobody ever seems to go there except me and that is only because Mrs Jaime makes me! I will be on the edge of it esconced in Nakhon Nowhere for Songkhran!