Double entry, re-entry?

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
PeteC

Double entry, re-entry?

Post by PeteC »

Sorry if covered before but I've never noticed it and wonder if true?

Another forum was asked a question from a person with a double entry visa. No indication what type.

He has to leave for an unexpected short trip and doesn't want to use his second entry upon his return.

He was advised by many that before leaving Thailand he can apply for a re-entry permit which will keep his current first entry valid, and his second entry will not be used or his visa stamped 'used' upon his return.

Apparently he can do this as many times as he wants before his visa date expires, or he simply decides to use his second visa entry. Does all this sound right? Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

oh its a visa question, sorry, my mistake :|
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I made the same mistake! :lach:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Pete,
That sounds correct. Let's say the chap has a double entry tourist visa (which I reckon it would be as other visa types such as Non Os only come in single and multiple entry varieties) and he gets a permitted to stay date until Dec 1st (60 days from entry). After a month he wants to go to Cambodia for a week.
If he gets a re-entry permit, he'll be stamped in until Dec 1st again when he returns. The second entry isn't used. Then it's extend for 30 days and exit Thailand before the 1st Dec to activate the second entry and get another 60 days + possible 30 day extension.
The re-entry permit won't actually increase the overall amount of time he can stay in Thailand, it just keeps the first entry stamp/date alive.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Thanks Lomu, I didn't know that. More info in case it comes up here in discussion.

HHF and Splitlid stay tuned, I'll try to find something about rear entry, re-entry in a spacecraft :shock: menage du twa etc.. :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
paul406

Where to obtain the re-entry permit

Post by paul406 »

Hi All

I have a question.

Does on obtain the re-entry permit at the Hua Hin Immigration office or can it be gotten, for example, at the airport when exiting?

thanks in advance
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I'm pretty sure I read a sorry tale on here recently of someone who hadn't realised the Immigration Office was closed for public holidays and couldn't get the re-entry permit on leaving from the airport.

Get it at HH Immigration, and make sure you get it in plenty of time.
This is the way
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

dtaai-maai is correct.
Definitely get the re-entry permit here in HH. The office at the airport is closed.