GBP vs THB

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Re: GBP vs THB

Post by Thistle »

I think you might find that it has traded between 42.47 and 52,43 in the last calendar year,21/3/16-20/3/17,also according to XE,currently 43.03,but whats a few satang here and there!!!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Well what's a few Satang between friends.
For some on a fixed pension this must be a real worry. The guy I wrote about a few weeks ago who had problems as his pension is now only just adequate for his visa is very concerned and now considering selling his car and getting something smaller just so he can get a few Baht in the bank. He has also put his house on the market.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

My Financial Advisors are saying that £ to US$ is expected to improve to 1.40 next year - the THB seems to move with the dollar and so 2018 will hopefully be better for those on a Fixed Pension
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Danske Bank predict 1.19
Deutsche Bank predict 1.14

Let's hope your advisors are correct with 1.40 next year.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

These are some of the banks that had no idea the US or UK or Australian crash was coming, I wish you well trusting any advisor or bank.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

The GBP is likely to take a drop after the UK Govt. triggers Article 50 next week and then remain volatile for at least the rest of this year. There have been forecasts that the currency will strengthen once terms of Brexit are better understood, but the only thing you can guarantee about a forecast is that it will be wrong.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

markets are fearful when there is uncertainty, i think the forecast of a fall while the terms are uncertain, firming up when things clarify sounds like a logical scenario.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I still think this site gives the best info and forecasts and full country breakdowns
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/forecast/currency

GBP to USD yr 2020 0.98
Euro to USD yr 2020 0.84
Thai to USD yr 2020 41.98
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

StevePIraq wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:54 pm I still think this site gives the best info and forecasts and full country breakdowns

GBP to USD yr 2020 0.98
Euro to USD yr 2020 0.84
That is a big statement to make and upon what evidence do you base it?
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

This site has been very accurate over the years in my opinion.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

StevePIraq wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:54 pm I still think this site gives the best info and forecasts and full country breakdowns

GBP to USD yr 2020 0.98
Euro to USD yr 2020 0.84
I really hope you are wrong. That shows the pound in a continual slide and at 2020 the pound is forecast to be 98 cents!!!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

HH you read, good on ya. It is not me forecasting by the way.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I realise you are not forecasting but you recommended this site as being " this site gives the best info and forecasts " That's why I said that I hope you are wrong!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I think we all hope it is wrong except maybe for one rate which is the USD to Baht, I would be quite happy getting 41.98 to the dollar, however this would no doubt come at the cost of high inflation in Thailand which in effect would kill any benefit gained.

Unfortunately it is very hard to find projections for Sterling to the Baht, but as the Baht is somewhat tied to the dollar due to most Thai exports being priced in dollars one has to do a 3 way judgment. If Sterling does go down further against the baht it will really hurt people on a fixed income.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

Well the good news for those holding sterling is that Uk inflation is rising, therefor BoE will raise interest rates imminently and so Sterling will improve upwards against the THB
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.