Kbank debit cards Verified by Visa

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
buksida

Kbank debit cards Verified by Visa

Post by buksida »

Anyone know how to get the 'Verified by Visa' to work for Kbank debit cards or Kbank web cards?

I have two of them and neither work until this process is done. Every time I try on the Kbank website I get an instant 'timeout' error.

The bank hasn't responded to email enquiries either.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
bram
Rookie
Rookie

Re: RE: Re: Banking in HH

Post by bram »

buksida wrote:Anyone know how to get the 'Verified by Visa' to work for Kbank debit cards?

I have two of them and neither work until this process is done. Every time I try I get an instant 'timeout' error.
You can set it up here: https://verified.visa.com/

Sent from my BAH-W09 using Tapatalk

buksida

Re: RE: Re: Banking in HH

Post by buksida »

bram wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:33 am You can set it up here: https://verified.visa.com/

Sent from my BAH-W09 using Tapatalk
That link gave this error: http 403 error

Tried this and got this error: https://verified.visa.com/aam/activatio ... ngPage.aam

"Your card is not eligible. Verified by Visa is not available for the card at this time."

Guess Visa doesnt work with Thai banks.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Kbank debit cards Verified by Visa

Post by hhinner »

Maybe not with debit cards. If you want to use for internet shopping they may prefer you to use the virtual web card, which I have successfully set set up for VbV some years ago. Though I haven't done it with my current web card, which works fine without it.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I've tried the same process with the virtual webcard and get the 'timeout error' the second the submit button is pressed on the verification page. It takes less than a minute to enter the info.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Tried this: https://rt03.kasikornbank.com/enroll/cardNumber.aspx?
Or is this what you already tried? If so, sorry to say that's all I've got. :)
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

I was under the impression one must visit K-Bank and set the electronic payment facility at ATM with the help of bank personnel. At least that's how I did it many moons ago. It has worked without a hitch for a long time now.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

My wife and I both have Kbank debit cards and I was able to set them both up for online payments. In each case when we first tried to use them, an online process was triggered which worked perfectly well.

So as far as I know, they should work but if the online process doesn't work for you then I guess a trip to the bank might be needed.

I only had to visit the bank and do the ATM thing to set up online banking using the K Plus and K Plus SME Android apps.

Edit: Looking at the link provided by hhinner, it looks as if you have to have a mobile number associated with your account and receive an SMS to complete the registration process. If you don't already have a mobile number set up (or need to change the number) you would have to visit the bank to set that up first.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Tried it all - nothing online works so, as suspected, a trip to the bank is in order since they don't respond to email enquiries.

Thanks anyway for the suggestions.