Kasikorn and SCB drop internet transfer fees

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
buksida

Kasikorn and SCB drop internet transfer fees

Post by buksida »

Is your bank green or purple? If so, you won’t have to pay a pesky 30 baht when transfering money to banks of other colors.

Starting Wednesday, Kasikornbank and Siam Commercial Bank, or SCB, will waive fees for bill payments and internet transfers between different regions and banks.

Customers of both banks can get the free transfers by using their internet banking services or smartphone apps. SCB customers can also make cardless ATM transactions for free.

The Kasikornbank fee waiver will last through year’s end. SCB’s waiver is indefinite.

Before, both SCB and Kasikornbank charged transaction fees of 25 to 35 baht for every inter-bank transition. Users could only transfer money across regions for free five times a month, with every next transaction costing 10 baht.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/busi ... sfer-fees/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: Kasikorn and SCB drop internet transfer fees

Post by 404cameljockey »

Kbank's inter-bank charges are 12, 20 and 30 Baht, depending on the time frame you require for funds to hit the other account, and the amount being transferred.

I guess this means free from next Wednesday 4th April?
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

Kasikorn Bank has charged me 35 THB for an ‘immediate’ transfer of 50,000 (their current maximum interbank transfer amount) and 25 THB for an amount of - I think - less than 30,000.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

J.J.B. wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:59 pm Kasikorn Bank has charged me 35 THB for an ‘immediate’ transfer of 50,000 (their current maximum interbank transfer amount) and 25 THB for an amount of - I think - less than 30,000.
Make what you will of the Kbank online announcement, the exceptions are a bit baffling:

Announcement(s)/ Information
ฟรีค่าธรรมเนียม สำหรับบริการ "โอน เติม จ่าย ทุกรายการ" ผ่าน K-Cyber Banking/K-Cyber for SME วันที่ 28 มี.ค. 2561 เป็นต้นไป
No Fee For Funds Transfer/Top up/Payment via K-Cyber Banking/K-Cyber for SME from Mar 28th, 2018 onwards
ฟรีค่าธรรมเนียม สำหรับบริการ "โอน เติม จ่าย ทุกรายการ" ผ่าน K-Cyber Banking / K-Cyber for SME
เริ่มตั้งแต่ในวันที่ 28 มีนาคม 2561 เป็นต้นไป

หมายเหตุ ยกเว้น - การโอนแบบเงินเข้าบัญชีภายใน 1 วันทำการ (BahtNet) และเงินเข้าบัญชีภายใน 2 วันทำการ (Media Clearing)
ในบริการ K-Cyber Banking / K-Cyber for SME / K-BizNet
- การโอนเงินต่างประเทศ ในบริการ K-Cyber Banking

No Fee For Funds Transfer / Top up / Payment via K-Cyber Banking / K-Cyber for SME
from March 28th, 2018 onwards

Remark : Except - Account crediting within 1 business day (BahtNet) / Account crediting within
2 business day (Media Clearing) via K-Cyber Banking / K-Cyber for SME / K-BizNet
- International Funds Transfer via K-Cyber Banking
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Just for information, I transferred money online from my KBank account to someone else's account at Bangkok Bank today and the cost was 0 Baht for same day transfer. So it's working but I have no idea of the maximum amount you can transfer free for same day receipt, hopefully at least the previous maximum of THB 50,000.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

This is another shot in the foot by the banks. My son deals with a few local businesses, and most of them have multiple bank accounts just to counter the problem. When he has to pay a bill, the company invatiably asks him which bank he's with so the fee can be avoided.

If this becomes a long term arrangement, one bank will suit all.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

So where is PromptPay in this? Have the banks decided that PromptPay is an overhead they don't need and might as well make their own transfers free? Or totally unrelated?