New demands from Hua Hin immigration for marriage extension

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: New demands from Hua Hin immigration for marriage extension

Post by StevePIraq »

Can't be stated publicly, however many on here now the system for renewing your retirement visa without complying with the rules, naturally there is a cost to this.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

The cost for a signed/stamped 6 month statement from Kasikorn is 200 baht. takes 5 minutes. Don't think this is a deal breaker for people getting a retirement/marriage visa.

What is interesting is that if you leave a gap of more than a month before updating a bank book it only gives a summary of money in/out (which immigration/visa depts. will not accept) , whereas when you get the 6 month statement from the bank it gives all the txns. Would be nice if the bank book update always printed all the txns.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

fft100 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:08 am The cost for a signed/stamped 6 month statement from Kasikorn is 200 baht. takes 5 minutes. Don't think this is a deal breaker for people getting a retirement/marriage visa.

What is interesting is that if you leave a gap of more than a month before updating a bank book it only gives a summary of money in/out (which immigration/visa depts. will not accept) , whereas when you get the 6 month statement from the bank it gives all the txns. Would be nice if the bank book update always printed all the txns.
I'd go through bank books like anything if they showed every transaction, as I use the debit card for day to day living. As you say, the 200 Baht isn't the end of the world.

If anyone wants to know how to get the retirement visa without fulfilling the monetary/marriage certificate obligations, I'm guessing a private message or two to users on this forum could put him in touch with the right channels.

Otherwise go to Immigration Dept. and talk innocently to a high ranker.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

fft100 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:08 am The cost for a signed/stamped 6 month statement from Kasikorn is 200 baht. takes 5 minutes. Don't think this is a deal breaker for people getting a retirement/marriage visa.

what about the situation where you have the account just for keeping the 800k in it for visa renewal - I have a separate account to cover living expenses. Although I get the bank book updated at the time I get the bank letter, the number of entries are normally just 1 or 2, so is a separate statement still required?
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

You can also , with Kasikorn, print off a statement - bottom of page will give date this is done, so long as you register for on-line banking
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Dannie Boy wrote:what about the situation where you have the account just for keeping the 800k in it for visa renewal - I have a separate account to cover living expenses. Although I get the bank book updated at the time I get the bank letter, the number of entries are normally just 1 or 2, so is a separate statement still required?
Yes, good question. I do the same and there was no question with my last extension in October. I believe what immigration are trying to do is catch people working without a permit. It is not difficult to get a printout from a Bank if they are going to insist, but as I hobble in there on a walking stick, if they ask me I think I may just "invite" one of them to go with me to the Bank!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Nereus wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:21 am
Dannie Boy wrote:what about the situation where you have the account just for keeping the 800k in it for visa renewal - I have a separate account to cover living expenses. Although I get the bank book updated at the time I get the bank letter, the number of entries are normally just 1 or 2, so is a separate statement still required?
Yes, good question. I do the same and there was no question with my last extension in October. I believe what immigration are trying to do is catch people working without a permit. It is not difficult to get a printout from a Bank if they are going to insist, but as I hobble in there on a walking stick, if they ask me I think I may just "invite" one of them to go with me to the Bank!
My renewal is not due until early June, so hopefully it will become clearer by then.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

I don't understand this excitement, anyway you have to show your passbook and give a copy to prove that you had the required amount since 3 month on your account. So what is new ?
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

europtimiste wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:11 pm I don't understand this excitement, anyway you have to show your passbook and give a copy to prove that you had the required amount since 3 month on your account. So what is new ?
Totally agree, complying with requirements is easy, why make such a fuss over it, off course this is only possible if you know the requirement's beforehand. If you don't want to follow the requirements there are always other ways.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
buksida

Post by buksida »

Because this is an information website, with the purpose of informing and advising people when requirements have changed, which in this case they have. Nobody would have known the requirements had changed (which they do often) without reading this topic or going to immigration, which is why it is pertinent to share experiences.

Advising people they can do it illegally on a public forum is not really the smartest thing to do. :idea:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

buksida wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:29 am Because this is an information website, with the purpose of informing and advising people when requirements have changed, which in this case they have. Nobody would have known the requirements had changed (which they do often) without reading this topic or going to immigration, which is why it is pertinent to share experiences.

Advising people they can do it illegally on a public forum is not really the smartest thing to do. :idea:
:agree: :clap:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

buksida wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:29 am Advising people they can do it illegally on a public forum is not really the smartest thing to do. :idea:
Because this being Thailand, nobody would have ever expected that to be possible?

8)
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

I will go with the requirements as I always did. Let's see what they will have to say.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, you've said it a few times. You're retired, in no rush to go anywhere. I guess an extra trip to Immigration won't bother you whatsoever.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:44 am Yes, you've said it a few times. You're retired, in no rush to go anywhere. I guess an extra trip to Immigration won't bother you whatsoever.
Not sure you should be getting a retirement visa unless you are retired :) Or, at least, don't advertise it :wink: