Transfer UK Visa to new Thai passport

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Transfer UK Visa to new Thai passport

Post by fft100 »

Hi,

My Thai wife has a 10 year UK Visa. She has now got a new Thai passport. Do we need to get the visa transferred to the new Thai passport, or can we just show the old Thai passport ? We also need to get a new Schengen visa and have to show the UK Visa as that is where we go afterwards.

I have looked at vfs, visa4uk etc but don't see anything obvious.

Many thanks
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Re: Transfer UK Visa to new Thai passport

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

In my experience, you do not. My wife has a ten-year visa for the UK and we were clearly told that the visa did not need to be (and could not be) transferred. My wife has had two new Thai passports since and each time we've been to the UK (six or seven times now since she got the 10-year visa) we've just shown the old passport with the visa in it, along with the new passport, and we've never had a problem.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I have had this problem in other countries, I stapled the old and newPP together and this worked.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

Hi Grove,

Thanks for that info. Have you had to get visas for other countries, and have they accepted the UK 10 year visa being in an old thai passport ?

Thanks