Blue house book in your name

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
buksida

Re: Blue house book in your name

Post by buksida »

Never implied that it did. I was always under the impression that the blue book was only for Thais to register their address.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you did.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

So HHinner didn't mean to imply that Buksida implied when he didn't mean to imply and therefore nobody meant to imply anything...........hehe!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

What are you implying?
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

The owner of a yellow book can use the book to obtain a pink Thai identity card from Tessaban.
It can't be used for anything other purpose than to impress the police when you are stopped in a routine-control because they've never seen one before and because of that they let you through,
Good and sound for proof of address for immigration, just like the yellow book, but in reality they both are worthless and good for nothing.
A blue book is solemly a proof of a Thai-persons ownership of a property and / or a house.
A Yellow book is just a proof of ovnership of a house. The property must be owned by a majority of Thais, 49% by you, 51% by a Thai (or more) citizens.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

A blue book is solemly a proof of a Thai-persons ownership of a property and / or a house.
Sorry Norseman, that is completely wrong.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

So please tell me why it's wrong.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Norseman wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:18 pm So please tell me why it's wrong.
It is all expalined very clearly in the links that I posted just a few posts back.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

So why on earth is both Tessaban in Hua Hin and my lawyers office telling me that the blue book is a Thai-thing only and the yellow coloured one is reserved for the rest of us.
The links are ok. But if the rulers say what the say, you better some up with some harder facts to convince them that they are wrong.
Just a short trip to the immigration with your blue book will tell you that.
With your blue book you can't show proof of address, you can't by a car or mc but you can do that with a yellow book.
The discrepancy between what is told you and what is the right procedure is this country is just appalling. Who to believe?
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

You need the Chanote, and the right type of Chanote which I'm not sure is. That is the real proof of ownership to the land. That is what my wife tells me and shows me her Chanote for our property and house. The blue book is worth nothing when it comes to ownership of the land, only telling who (Thai) is registered as living on this address.
YNWA
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Most are correct here but Norseman must have misunderstood somewhere along the line.
The blue book is proof of address for a Thai and as such can be used for the purchase of a mc or car.
The yellow book is proof of address for a non-Thai and can be used for the purchase of a mc or car. A non-Thai without a yellow book needs to have proof of address from immigration in order to purchase a mc or car.

Neither is proof of ownership. Only the chanote shows the owner of the land and a non-Thai owning a house must have it registered at the Land Office.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Norseman wrote:So why on earth is both Tessaban in Hua Hin and my lawyers office telling me that the blue book is a Thai-thing only and the yellow coloured one is reserved for the rest of us.
Because that is absolutely correct.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

HHTel wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:31 am Most are correct here but Norseman must have misunderstood somewhere along the line.
The blue book is proof of address for a Thai and as such can be used for the purchase of a mc or car.
The yellow book is proof of address for a non-Thai and can be used for the purchase of a mc or car. A non-Thai without a yellow book needs to have proof of address from immigration in order to purchase a mc or car.

Neither is proof of ownership. Only the chanote shows the owner of the land and a non-Thai owning a house must have it registered at the Land Office.
Yet I showed my house blue book to the car dealership when buying a new car, I didn't have to show a house purchase contract, land lease or chanote copy.

And my blue book doesn't even show my name on the last page, only that of the first farang house owner.

Maybe the dealership isn't following the rules, TIT.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

HHTel wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:31 am Most are correct here but Norseman must have misunderstood somewhere along the line.

You do not need a letter from immigration to purchase a car. I bought my car from Nissan and only provided copies of my passport including the retirement visa page plus my wife's house book which did not have my name in it. No problem.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

You were lucky. Bought my bikes from Honda and needed immigration letter. When I transferred a car from the original farang owner to my name, we both needed a letter from immigration.
When you fill in the application for the letter at immigration, one of the options to select is 'purchasing of a motorcycle or car'. 3 motorbikes and 2 cars and a letter was required each time.