Blue house book in your name

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

Re: Blue house book in your name

Post by Big Boy »

:agree:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

HHTel wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:06 am You were lucky. Bought my bikes from Honda and needed immigration letter. When I transferred a car from the original farang owner to my name, we both needed a letter from immigration.
When you fill in the application for the letter at immigration, one of the options to select is 'purchasing of a motorcycle or car'. 3 motorbikes and 2 cars and a letter was required each time.
Yes, and them you need another letter from immigration when you want to sell the vehicle.....
buksida

Post by buksida »

Not if you have a yellow book you don't. It is one of the few advantages of having one.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

But there was a post here recently where the person with a yellow book had to buy a letter from the Tessebahn, stating it was genuine :?

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:But there was a post here recently where the person with a yellow book had to buy a letter from the Tessebahn, stating it was genuine :?
That could have been me, although this was when I was renewing my 5 year driving license, not buying a car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buksida

Post by buksida »

Never had to do that personally - don't you just love the consistency of Thailand.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:21 am
Big Boy wrote:But there was a post here recently where the person with a yellow book had to buy a letter from the Tessebahn, stating it was genuine :?
That could have been me, although this was when I was renewing my 5 year driving license, not buying a car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe, but TIT - if it avoids having to do some work, others will soon catch on. The fact the Tessebahn had a rate to charge, must mean it's an official procedure, just not enforced very often.

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I have also bought 3 scooters and one real motorbike, I didn't get an immigration letter for any of them. When I sold them all I also did not get a an immigration letter.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I don't get it.
All the websites say it's a required document when buying a car/motorbike.
The application form at immigration specifically states 'to purchase a car/motorbike' as an option.
The last bike I bought, I put in my wife's name because without that residency certificate, it couldn't be in my name. I got it a couple of weeks later and changed it to my name.
When I was buying a car, I had one wasted trip to Prachuab because the seller didn't have the required letter.