Immigration 24 hour address registration clampdown starts in Phuket

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Immigration 24 hour address registration clampdown starts in Phuket

Post by Dannie Boy »

Yes clearly immigration will know you’ve entered the country at the airport if that’s your point of entry, I was referring to your local immigration office which unless it’s changed, is what the law says you should do - I think I stopped doing it about 5 years ago with no consequences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Ah, I think I'm following now. Its the local franchise thing.
Hahuahin
Professional
Professional

Post by Hahuahin »

My guess is that this old but now enforced requirement (even when return to same address) after a trip either in Thailand or abroad will be enforced in every province very soon. Its all in the "cards" from the "steering wheel".
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

As usual, the HH office has the voice of reason. It was the same with the 'extra info' that you were to supply but HH refused to follow suit along with other mysterious requirements that have cropped up over the years. I doubt, Hahuahin, that the HH office will change their procedures. That's why they're always voted the No.1 office in Thailand. I'm so glad that I live here.
Hahuahin
Professional
Professional

Post by Hahuahin »

HHTel wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:18 pm As usual, the HH office has the voice of reason. It was the same with the 'extra info' that you were to supply but HH refused to follow suit along with other mysterious requirements that have cropped up over the years. I doubt, Hahuahin, that the HH office will change their procedures. That's why they're always voted the No.1 office in Thailand. I'm so glad that I live here.
Lets hope your right but I allow me to be sceptical because I think Immigration usually follow old routine with the good and not so good that's include to any time, but this newest demand is IMO part of another agenda. :|
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Couple of years our travels ago there was a rule that you should report your travels even in Thailand. I never did it.
Another rule was that coming from abroad you should report to immigration within 24 hours. I did it after 4 days, when they asked why I waited 4 days, I said that before coming back to HH, I enjoyed couple of days at Patpong. They kept silent.........555
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

It has to be noted that Phuket has always been different from the rest of the country.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

HHTel wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:48 pm It has to be noted that Phuket has always been different from the rest of the country.
Now that is whats called an understatement.
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

oakdale160 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:31 am Last time I did 90 day reporting I timed it--I was in and out in 17 mins--I think that is an excellent service.
You may consider it an excellent service, however I would categorise it as a gross and unnecessary intrusion, that is archaic and should be done away with :banghead: :rant:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

aragon wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:11 pm
oakdale160 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:31 am Last time I did 90 day reporting I timed it--I was in and out in 17 mins--I think that is an excellent service.
You may consider it an excellent service, however I would categorise it as a gross and unnecessary intrusion, that is archaic and should be done away with :banghead: :rant:
It's a gross and unnecessary intrusion, and the service is excellent!
John A Graham
Novice
Novice

Post by John A Graham »

I am coming to Thailand on an O A visa in November and staying in Hua Hin where I own a house on a 30 year lease. Previously I have entered on a 30 day visa waiver and have never done 24 hour reporting when I arrive. Is this now a requirement? Is there leeway on the 24 hours and can this be done at Bluport? Any advice gratefully received!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I am sure that many of the people working at immigration now that what they do is unnecessary and serves no purpose, but it pays well, is a prestigious job andx so it continues. Also the more complicated and confusing it is, all the better. Producing paperwork, and boy do they do a lot of that, makes them feel secure.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

John A Graham wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:33 pm I am coming to Thailand on an O A visa in November and staying in Hua Hin where I own a house on a 30 year lease. Previously I have entered on a 30 day visa waiver and have never done 24 hour reporting when I arrive. Is this now a requirement? Is there leeway on the 24 hours and can this be done at Bluport? Any advice gratefully received!
After it was first enforced I came back into the country and didn't go for about 10 days. They charged me a little over 300 Baht. I don't recall the daily rate but it's not much. So the answer is yes, you can do it later than 24 hours and pay the fine.

If you don't do it at all I don't know what will happen on your way out on a stay shorter than 90 days, perhaps nothing, but nothing more than the daily fine. Those of us here long term are stuck as if you haven't done it, it's discovered when you have to do the 90 day reporting.

The Blueport question you'll have to wait for someone else to reply as I don't know. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've seen several of these posts regarding address registration. As most of you know, I've been here for donkey's years and never ever reported my address except on 90 day reporting. I didn't even do that for the first 18 months as I didn't know you had to!!

Plus I've been in and out of the country many many times.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^Likewise. I've been back in the UK for a year, but I was in Thailand for 15 years at a variety of addresses with a number of trips abroad and never did this 24 hr reporting business once. Never had a problem.
Didn't I read somewhere that it's also supposed to apply to a trip from one province to another?
This is the way