Visa run from Hua Hin...which one?

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Visa run from Hua Hin...which one?

Post by thecolonel »

Hi All,

I'm in Hua Hin and have a SETEE(single entry tourist exempt entry) and have already extended it 30 days until 19 Feb

To get the point I have previously done both Kanchanaburi (Baan Pu Nam Ron) and Ranong Andaman Pier.

The reason I went all the way to Ranong last February was because Kanchanaburi did not(at that time) take SETEE( but only METV(multiple entry tourist visas) or at least I was advised on this forum they didn't(??)

The purpose of this post is to double check whether anything has changed?

For example does Kanchanaburi now take SETEE? As it's nearer and I'd prefer to go there....

And is Ranong Andaman still operating as it was before? I know the drill if it is, but just checking

Any other changes I might need to be aware of?

Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Visa run from Hua Hin...which one?

Post by Takiap »

You can do a run to Kanchanaburi. A mate of mine went up last Friday and got 30 days.

Total cost was 2,800 baht for private taxi to the border and back, plus 500 at the border for the run across the border and back again. You just give the border guy your passport and he gets you stamped in and out, and etc. No dollars required.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Re: Visa run from Hua Hin...which one?

Post by Sabai Jai »

Kanchanaburi certainly would be easiest.
I have done an organised Visa Run there a couple of times with the shop at Condochain, "One Tour", there are others available but I have found this firm to be pleasant and reliable. Think their phone is 081-8192212 or 091-8214826. They give an all-in price - I didn't need to spend even 1 baht extra. Otherwise you may be able to team up with someone who is going with there own vehicle.