British Passport renewal company in Hua Hin?

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: British Passport renewal company in Hua Hin?

Post by HHTel »

Well, HHinner, it appears you are wrong about this one. Lots of people, as you can see, are using KeyVisa quite successfully.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: British Passport renewal company in Hua Hin?

Post by hhinner »

HHTel wrote:Well, HHinner, it appears you are wrong about this one. Lots of people, as you can see, are using KeyVisa quite successfully.
Wrong about what? I only commented about MDMK referring to the HMPO service where you send stuff off to UK yourself. The Key Visa deal seems like a reasonable service.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

HHTel wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:45 pm Well, HHinner, it appears you are wrong about this one. Lots of people, as you can see, are using KeyVisa quite successfully.
oh bollocks, all this confusion is all my fault :?

HHinner wasn't referring to KeyVisa when he said that couldn't be done in Thailand. He was replying to me. The UK Embassy in The Netherlands has closed down so I can't go there anymore to renew my passport as we don't have pne anymore. I can now do it all online without leaving my house (old passport gets picked up by a courier and new one dropped of by a courier). This can't be done from Thailand, but can be done from the Netherlands.

I will ask the mods if they can maybe delete my previous posts (and replies to them???) as it's just confusing everyone

Sorry folks !
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Yep, I can see the confusion and I was confused.

Apologies for any misunderstandings.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hi Guys,

Just to clarify, MDMK was referring to her experiences in the Netherlands as opposed to Thailand. She assumed all Brits abroad would have the same option. Unfortunately, the service she talked about is not available in Thailand.

As far as we know (in answer to the OP) there is no such company in Hua Hin.

Many members have successfully used Key Visa located in Pattaya, a service I myself will probably use next time to avoid 2 trips to Bangkok.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I'm sure Key Visa provide an excellent service, but what guarantees do they give about securing the integrity of your passport? Thailand does, after all, have a reputation as a centre for passport and identity fraud.
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

They seem to have built up a reputation which is underlined by the acceptance of the visa agency (Trendy Building). I think that if there was anything untoward it would have been spotted by now.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

caller wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:57 pm I'm sure Key Visa provide an excellent service, but what guarantees do they give about securing the integrity of your passport? Thailand does, after all, have a reputation as a centre for passport and identity fraud.
For Gods Sake Caller the Key Visa service is excellent why knock it?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

PET wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:28 pmFor Gods Sake Caller the Key Visa service is excellent why knock it?
Didn't know I was knocking it. I was just asking what I regard as a pertinent question. They don't mention this at all on their website. And if I am to let them handle my passports I would want to know what measures they have in place for their security.
Talk is cheap
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Do you actually have to divest yourself of the actual passport or will a copy do?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

The Visa Agency accepts copies and as KeyVisa deals with them I'm sure a copy will do. The British Passport Office accepts a copy from Thailand because of the laws here whereas you have to be able to produce your passport when required.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Don't forget that once you receive your new UK passport you then need a letter from the UK Embassy in Bangkok requesting Thai immigration to transfer your visa. So you still end up going to Bangkok to collect the letter, unless Key Visa will obtain that letter for you.
Last time I obtained a letter it was a signed copy with a space for you to enter your details.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

KeyVisa also sort the letter for transfer of stamps etc.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

HHTel wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:08 am The Visa Agency accepts copies and as KeyVisa deals with them I'm sure a copy will do. The British Passport Office accepts a copy from Thailand because of the laws here whereas you have to be able to produce your passport when required.
Are you sure about this??? When I did my renewal a couple of years ago (in person), upon submitting my documents I was required to present my passport and the corner was cut off to invalidate it
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

When I went with my daughter a year ago, she only had to produce copies of her old passport, which was well out of date.
My last renewal was by post to Hong Kong and copies were accepted. The official reason was that because Thailand has a requirement to produce your original passport, the necessity to part with it for renewal is not needed.
Having said that,the UK Gov site states:

"Current British passport: If you are in a country where you must apply in person, you must bring your current British passport with you when you apply, and also bring a full colour photocopy of the entire passport (every page
including blank pages)."

By using KeyVisa, you are not applying in person but using a representative so I'm not sure if you need to send your original off to the company. If so, by doing that you are laying yourself open to the Thai authorities by not having your passport to hand.