Law Office Kraiwit in Hua Hin

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
werner
Novice
Novice

Law Office Kraiwit in Hua Hin

Post by werner »

Hi,
does anyone know (have experience with) this office: anwaltskanzlei-kraiwit.info ?
I need a lawyer and would be glad with one speeking German.
I made so bad experience with other law office, so I ask first...
Thanks
Werni
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Office Kraiwit

Post by StevePIraq »

Kraiwat is in Soi 88 and they also have some sort of relationship with Hua Hin Legal Services at Macro, strange set up as I had three different receipts from Macro and one was from Kraiwat. I am not saying they are bad in anyway just I didn't get the service I wanted or expected. Not German speaking.

Have you tried P&A International Law Co.,Ltd. I hear good things of them, German speaking
http://www.notary-th.com/
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
bert91157

Post by bert91157 »

I have had dealing with P&A which I won't go into. But I would not recommend them and would never use them again.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

This shows the difficulty in finding a good/real legal office in HH
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

bert91157 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:39 pm I have had dealing with P&A which I won't go into. But I would not recommend them and would never use them again.
If you can get past the rude ignorant b**ch at the front desk, "Ton" is not a registered lawyer, just a "consultant", whatever that is in a lawyers office!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

I have worked in real estate for many years and had dealings with just about every firm in town. Many are just notaries with no lawyers on staff and a few that have no qualification and just pass the work on with a large mark up. There are some good ones that do not drag out deals in cahoots with the other parties lawyer. The best I have found in Hua Hin is Tuk Accounting who have a native German speaker on staff. They have never let us or our customers down.

Crazy 88
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Does Tuk Accounting have a fully qualified and registered lawyer as I need someone to represent me in court and maybe the op does also.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the forum's sponsor http://www.huahinmedia.com/chavalitfinch.php
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
seablue
Novice
Novice

Post by seablue »

As far as I know and ever had experience in using the service before, there is a licensed lawyer who provides free services at the Provincial Court of Hua Hin, They work on a volunteer basis. Although, I am not sure about their English, since I spoke with them in Thai when I had the free consultation with them!!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:42 pm I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the forum's sponsor http://www.huahinmedia.com/chavalitfinch.php
But they do not do litigation
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Did the OP ask for litigation?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

StevePIraq wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:11 am
Big Boy wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:42 pm I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the forum's sponsor http://www.huahinmedia.com/chavalitfinch.php
But they do not do litigation
Upadte on my comment above, I have recently been advised that Chavalit will do litigation and court representation however this is done via their Bangkok office, not the HH office so it will lead to a lot more cost.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Law Office Kraiwit in Hua Hin

Post by oakdale160 »

I have an American friend who taught in "The best Law School in BKK" for several years. He despaired of Thai lawyers saying that there were almost no good ones. The big problem is the Thai distaste for conflict is a barrier and the two lawyers on each side are more concerned with not upsetting each other than the interests of their clients. In the west, 2 lawyers can fight like animals Mon-Fri and then play golf together at the weekend--- Business and personal relationships are in different pigeon-holes, no Thai can do that or even comprehend how it is possible.
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

The Thai legal system is sort of a hybrid between inquisitorial and adversarial. But that doesn't mean that Thai lawyers are bad, they're just seeking justice under a different system. Given the Thai psyche, it's understandable that Thailand would adopt a justice system that is less adversarial than we have in the US and other Western countries. It's more about seeking solutions than claiming victories.

My wife is a Thai attorney. And, yes, I am sometimes frustrated that her arguments on behalf of her clients are less forceful than would be the case in America. But, I need to keep in mind: different place, different system.
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

I think very hard to find a good litigator in Hua Hin. Have to go to Bangkok and pay plenty of money to the big, powerful firms. Kraiwit is a good, honest lawyer and very reasonable. Excellent if you want contracts made up and want him to guide you through the minefields of buying property here. A big group of us used him here to bring charges against a well known, local farang businessman. I won’t go into the details but all of us were stupid and trusting of this businessman, who we considered a friend. He lied and defrauded us all and we all lost our properties to the tune of several million each. The court decided to make a new contract, where he had to put the properties into our names within 4 years. Of course he went bust before he could do this. Anyway the lesson to all who want to buy property here is - use a good lawyer and trust nobody. This town is full of developers who have de frauded countless people and they never go to jail. Do your homework and spend time checking out any developer with previous customers and locals who have lived here for many years. You never want to end up in court, trying to get a good decision.