Tourist crackdown: tourist visa holders being asked to show 20,000 baht in cash entering Thailand

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Tourist crackdown: tourist visa holders being asked to show 20,000 baht in cash entering Thailand

Post by handdrummer »

in 1961,after crossing on the boat from Calais, I was refused entry to England because they said I didn't have enough money. it's been going on a long time.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Tourist crackdown: tourist visa holders being asked to show 20,000 baht in cash entering Thailand

Post by StevePIraq »

Bangkok Post recently had an article where it was stated they are chasing USA tourists as some 1m came last year
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

oakdale160 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:05 am I read an article, it may have been on the forum. It was about TAT not being so interested in numbers but who the visitors are. Aussies were favored--they come for short periods, mostly well inside the 30-day limit and they spend over 5000b/person /day.
If it was the same article I read (and it sounds like it) they said that the average Australian tourist spends less per day but stays longer than various other nationalities so that their overall spend per visit is higher and this is the kind of tourist the TAT would prefer. Surprisingly enough, given all the talk about 'zero dollar (or baht)' tourism, the accompanying statistics showed that Chinese tourists on average had a higher spend per day than for instance, Australians or most Europeans (but stayed for shorter periods).
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

leave money here, go home soon.