Tessaban Hua Hin, blue book to get ID card?

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: Tessaban Hua Hin, blue book to get ID card?

Post by 404cameljockey »

I'm interested in this thread as since buying a house last year the blue book has no entry at all for residents on p.2, which as my wife and I are not Thai seems to be correct from what I read here, but on p.18 the names of the previous owner and his wife (both farang) have been signed.

I guess I should go to the Tessaban to get a new blue book as easy proof of house ownership? Or not necessary? Or not possible to change? :D

And as proof of residence address I have nothing at all? Only can go to Immigration to get a form authorised each time I need to prove it?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I guess I should go to the Tessaban to get a new blue book as easy proof of house ownership? Or not necessary? Or not possible to change?
Go to the Tessaban by all means, but as posted both here and many times before: a persons name in a blue book is NOT proof of ownership, but just shows the name of people living in the building, nothing more.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Nereus wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:05 pm
I guess I should go to the Tessaban to get a new blue book as easy proof of house ownership? Or not necessary? Or not possible to change?
Go to the Tessaban by all means, but as posted both here and many times before: a persons name in a blue book is NOT proof of ownership, but just shows the name of people living in the building, nothing more.
Thanks and I'm still confused :)

So even p.18 is only proof that you reside there? Sorry to be dense.
If so then why do farang have to sign at the very end on a totally differently formatted page, rather than on p.2?
The reply 'just because they do' will be fine for me, if correct, TIT. :)
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

bluelagoon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:39 am For those who live in large scale developpments in HH, did your developper take care of the formalities to get the yellow book?
Yes, ours did.
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

404cameljockey wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:10 pm
Nereus wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:05 pm
Thanks and I'm still confused :)

So even p.18 is only proof that you reside there? Sorry to be dense.
If so then why do farang have to sign at the very end on a totally differently formatted page, rather than on p.2?
The reply 'just because they do' will be fine for me, if correct, TIT. :)
Sorry, can not help you with p18 as I do not read Thai. I have 2 Condos that previously had Farang owners and there are entries on that page--- but I do not know what it says, and my Thai daughter is not here just now to read it.

I have a house in Hua Hin that is in my Thai daughters name, and the only entry is the details on page 1. I use that address for Immigration, but my name is not entered anywhere.

Page 2 up to page 17 is for Thai ID holders, and requires a Thai ID number as part of the details.

Page 1 shows the record number and the address of the building, plus the date when it was recorded.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Tessaban Hua Hin, blue book to get ID card?

Post by hhinner »

404cameljockey wrote:I'm interested in this thread as since buying a house last year the blue book has no entry at all for residents on p.2, which as my wife and I are not Thai seems to be correct from what I read here, but on p.18 the names of the previous owner and his wife (both farang) have been signed.

I guess I should go to the Tessaban to get a new blue book as easy proof of house ownership? Or not necessary? Or not possible to change? :D

And as proof of residence address I have nothing at all? Only can go to Immigration to get a form authorised each time I need to prove it?

Interesting. So not actually normal registration details. The two signatures on the right hand side are the signature of the person taking possession of the blue book, and the one below that is the signature of the person handing it over, who I've always assumed to be the registration officer. No idea what the blockíng out on the left is covering. Maybe two people signed for the book? The typing on the very top of the page shows two names (George xxxxx and Annie xxxxx) as house owners (actual owner as opposed to house master). I wonder if this is something for foreign owners only. Or maybe for use in the case where the house owner only owns the house and not the land it stands on?

Thanks for showing it.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: RE: Re: Tessaban Hua Hin, blue book to get ID card?

Post by 404cameljockey »

hhinner wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:12 pm
404cameljockey wrote:I'm interested in this thread as since buying a house last year the blue book has no entry at all for residents on p.2, which as my wife and I are not Thai seems to be correct from what I read here, but on p.18 the names of the previous owner and his wife (both farang) have been signed.

Interesting. So not actually normal registration details. The two signatures on the right hand side are the signature of the person taking possession of the blue book, and the one below that is the signature of the person handing it over, who I've always assumed to be the registration officer. No idea what the blockíng out on the left is covering. Maybe two people signed for the book? The typing on the very top of the page shows two names (George xxxxx and Annie xxxxx) as house owners (actual owner as opposed to house master). I wonder if this is something for foreign owners only. Or maybe for use in the case where the house owner only owns the house and not the land it stands on?

Thanks for showing it.
The blocked out signature on the left is George X and right is Annie X (previous joint owners of the property). I imagine the signature lower right with the stamp is the government officer, as you say.

I could take my ownership docs (purchase contract and land title deed) and the blue book to the Tessaban and get them to sort it out, but first I'll talk to the housing development people on Monday and if I get further info I'll post it here in case the blue book does prove house (not land) ownership.

Thanks for the clarification.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ It might be useful to you if the book specifies you as current owner instead of having the previous owners in there.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

hhinner wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:31 pm ^^ It might be useful to you if the book specifies you as current owner instead of having the previous owners in there.
I agree!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

hhinner wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:31 pm ^^ It might be useful to you if the book specifies you as current owner instead of having the previous owners in there.
I guess that I should not bother, but how many times does it have to be said that the blue book does NOT prove ownership, merely who is living there! :roll:
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Nereus wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:55 pm
I guess that I should not bother, but how many times does it have to be said that the blue book does NOT prove ownership, merely who is living there! :roll:
You are saying this after admitting you don't know what Page 18 actually means as you don't read Thai?

I for one would sincerely appreciate some clarification, thanks.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

You are saying this after admitting you don't know what Page 18 actually means as you don't read Thai?

YES, because I have now had in translated to me.! You come on here asking questions and people go to the trouble of trying to help you, and your answer is to ridicule them. Go to the Tessaban like I posted in my first post!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

To the OP Benji, did you apply for the ID Card and what were the requirements?
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Nereus wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:20 am

YES, because I have now had in translated to me.! You come on here asking questions and people go to the trouble of trying to help you, and your answer is to ridicule them. Go to the Tessaban like I posted in my first post!
I didn't mean to ridicule you and in fact it was you that started with the rolling eyes implying I'm stupid or dense. If you didn't know what a page meant then I don't believe that at that time you could give a definitive answer. Thank you for clarifying. As I said, I DO sincerely appreciate it.
I'll visit the Tessaban.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Tessaban Hua Hin

Post by hhinner »

hhinner wrote:The blue book doesn't actually specify the name of the owner, as I understand it. Page 1 contains the house registration details. Page two onwards contain the names of people resident in the house. One resident (normally the first, i.e. the person listed on page two) should be shown as "house master" (เจ้าบ้าน), which does not imply ownership, although it normally is the owner. The house master is simply the person responsible for maintaining correct registration details for the house, such as approving the listing of new residents, registering deaths, etc. The house master is the person who must approve the issuance of a yellow tabien baan for foreign residents in the house. If a house has no residents, only page 1 should have entries. If the owner is a foreigner and there are no Thai or PR residents then pages 2 onward should be blank, the foreign owner could be entered in a yellow book, and, I believe, would be shown as house master.

Nobody's name should be in more than one book. If someone owns 2 houses they can only appear in one book.
Just an addendum. The officially approved English translation (Consular Affairs Department) of เจ้าบ้าน is "Head of Household", not house master as stated above.