OA Visa - 3 questions

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
cbranscombe
Amateur
Amateur

OA Visa - 3 questions

Post by cbranscombe »

Hi,

I have an OA visa and my wife has an O (hers on the back of mine from the Thai Embassy in London). We are currently back in the UK. The OA & O visas expire on 10th October 2017. I have been informed by an English friend living in Thailand that if I return to Thailand before the expiry date, I can renew both for another year in Thailand. Pointless trying to get any information from the Thai Embassy in London as they don't answer phone calls or emails, so can anyone confirm this. Second question, if I can extend in Thailand, is this done at the point of entry into the Country or do I have to go to Immigration. Final question, the London Thai Embassy website says that the financial requirement is £1,400 per month or £16,500 annually in one place then 65,000 Baht, (approximately £14,000.00 / annum) or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht in another. Which is it £14,000 or £16,500.
I know that things are forever changing with visa requirements but I could do with some advice from someone who knows the answers to these three questions.
Thanks
If you give 'em a quick short, sharp, shock, they won't do it again. Dig it?
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: OA Visa - 3 questions

Post by caller »

Answer needed from you first- did you add the multi-entry option with your visa, meaning you can leave and re-enter Thailand during the period of your visa and is this your first visa - meaning it's less than 12 months old? If you can renew / extend in Thailand, this will have to be via immigration.
Talk is cheap
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

cbranscombe wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:06 pmFinal question, the London Thai Embassy website says that the financial requirement is £1,400 per month or £16,500 annually in one place then 65,000 Baht, (approximately £14,000.00 / annum) or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht in another. Which is it £14,000 or £16,500.
It's monthly income of 65,000 THB or a deposit account of not less than 800,000 THB. It may also be a combination of the 2, e.g. 32,500 THB monthly plus 400,000 THB deposit account.
mudcat
Amateur
Amateur

Post by mudcat »

A multiple-entry O-A is valid for multiple entries of up to one-year each for the first year. So if you re-enter close to the visa expiration date you will be stamped in for another year. You will need a re-entry permit should you need to travel in and of Thailand during your second year.

You can extend your stay in Thailand for another year 30-45days prior to permitted stay stamped in your passport. At this time you will need to "show" funds. Not sure about your wife's O visa but you need to be clear about the title on the account and I believe she will need her own funds. You have time s zao get your ducks in a row and enjoy your visit.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

If you've got a multi-entry OA visa and you re-enter Thailand before the expiry date of the visa, you'll be given another year's permission to stay.

Once the visa's validity finishes that is no longer an option but as long as you get re-entry permits, your permission to stay will stay alive if you leave the country - ie, no more time but the existing permission is honoured.

Extensions to your visa are done at local Imm, not the airport.

The financial requirements for an annual extension based on retirement are 65K THB overseas income or 800K in a Thai bank account (and that must have been there for a minimum of 3 months) or a combination of the two as long as the total is over 800K.

I would imagine that the differences in actual money are a result of currency fluctuations and the Thai Embassy in London don't keep up to date. What you have to be sure of is that the letter you get from The British Embassy, that will state your income in GBP, is enough to satisfy the 65K income on the day that you apply for the extension.

Don't think in GBP. Think in THB.

Hopefully, the above is clear.

Our posts crossed, mudcat.