Thai lawyer who can handle UK divorce

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Bilbo52

Thai lawyer who can handle UK divorce

Post by Bilbo52 »

Folks,

A mate of mine is going through a divorce in the UK and he wants to know if anyone can recommend a Thai laywer in HH who may be able to represent him here.

A bit of background:

He is still married in the UK, but his wife has petitioned for divorce.
He has been living in Thailand for about 1.5 years with his Thai girlfriend in Issan.
He has been separated from his English wife for about 3 years.

He has spoken to English solicitors, but when he says he is living in Thailand they say that he will need to find a Thai solicitor/lawyer. (I don't think he has any intention of going back to the UK to contest the divorce and will agree through a lawyer a fair settlement for his English wife. BTW no children involved and marriage lasted about 6yrs)

So my question is can anyone recommend a lawyer in HH who might be able to represent my mate. (He is in the middle of back of beyond in Issan so there are no lawyers up there as far as he is concerned and he does visit HH from time to time).

Oh and BTW my mate isn't me before anyone suggests that. 555

In anticipation of some useful replies thank you.
buksida

Re: Thai lawyer who can handle UK divorce

Post by buksida »

There is a law firm that sponsors this very forum: http://www.huahinmedia.com/chavalitfinch.php
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Thai lawyer who can handle UK divorce

Post by caller »

Where is the 'back of beyond' in Isaan? There are English speaking - and western - lawyers in Korat. But Buksida's link may be the best bet as surely an understanding of UK divorce law would be helpful?
Talk is cheap