Retirement visa for married couples together

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
hhnewbie

Retirement visa for married couples together

Post by hhnewbie »

Hello,

I have seen this topic covered awhile ago but would like some update if possible. There are more info on retirement visa base on marriage with Thai spouse but not when both are foreigners.

My husband had his first extension base on retirement done in January 2017 due for next extension in January 2018.

I am planning on doing the samething in October this year when I come back to Thailand for our annual 6 months stay. A year ago when we were in immigration office doing extension on our TR we asked about the financial requirements for a married couple and were told we need two separate accounts with 800k each or the income+bank combination. All that is clear.

We ran into someone today who said that I can get an one year "O" by tagging onto my husband's retirement extension by presenting our marriage certificate in English/Thai and certified by the embassy in Bangkok.

I remember seeing this awhile ago in one of the visa forum but not sure if this is still valid, has anyone in Hua Hin done this recently?

Thanks
Big Boy

Re: retirement visa for married couples together...

Post by Big Boy »

I certainly know a couple where the husband piggy backs on his wife's visa, so I guess it is still valid.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
hhnewbie

Re: retirement visa for married couples together...

Post by hhnewbie »

Thanks BB, good to know that we have this option available. That will free up 800K for us to use it on something else other than for purpose of extending visas.

I assume it works the same way as a regular retirement extension without having double financial requirement that one should get an "O" visa to come in first and then before the 90 days expiration apply for the one year extension using the spouse's financial proof. Is that correct?

Thanks
Big Boy

Re: Retirement visa for married couples together

Post by Big Boy »

I'm sorry, I'll have to leave that to our expert, lomu.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18