31 Day Visit

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

Re: 31 Day Visit

Post by Big Boy »

Your alternative is to report to Immigration before you expire and extend for a further 30 days legally for 1900 Baht.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote:Your alternative is to report to Immigration before you expire and extend for a further 30 days legally for 1900 Baht.
I believe if he should "expire" it would be better to report to a temple. They take care of "expired" bodies on a regular basis. :rasta:

Check it again Big Boy, he has posted that he does not have a visa.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

And as long as you exit from an airport, the 1st day is free. However, you will have an overstay stamp in your passport.
If you're unlucky enough to be pulled by the cops and asked to produce your passport, then you could be in trouble.
Basically, the airport will view you as having handed yourself in. Pay the fine and that's it. En route to the airport, it could be a different matter.
And as BB has suggested, just extend for another 30 days.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Nereus,
A 30 day visa exempt stamp can now be extended for another 30.
They changed the rules some months ago.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

lomuamart wrote:Nereus,
A 30 day visa exempt stamp can now be extended for another 30.
They changed the rules some months ago.
Ok, thanks Lomo. A couple of other changes which I have just stolen from Stickman:
Another major change to the visa regulations starts today.  Under the new regulations, foreigners entering Thailand at a land border crossing on a visa waiver (i.e. they do not have a visa) can only enter Thailand twice in a year.  There are a few exceptions such as Malaysians and countries with bilateral visa agreements with Thailand but I don’t think there are any Western countries which had some agreements in place.
And there is another change tied in to this regulation.  All Westerners now get 30 days when entering the country at a land border whereas previously it was 30 days for those from G7 countries and 15 days for the rest of us.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Nereus wrote:
Big Boy wrote:Your alternative is to report to Immigration before you expire and extend for a further 30 days legally for 1900 Baht.
I believe if he should "expire" it would be better to report to a temple. They take care of "expired" bodies on a regular basis. :rasta:

Check it again Big Boy, he has posted that he does not have a visa.
I thought you could extend the 30 day exemption by a further 30 days.

[Edit] Just read down further - Lomu has confirmed.

Points 41; Position 18
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

General question for all.

Couldn't the OP point out their mistake upon entry and get the extra day or 2 they need? Thus not having to worry about overstay.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

RCer wrote:General question for all.

Couldn't the OP point out their mistake upon entry and get the extra day or 2 they need? Thus not having to worry about overstay.
Although there would be no harm in asking, there's the risk that Imm Officer says "no problem" when you enter, but Imm Officer when you depart says "naughty boy, 500 baht fine and stamp in your passport". As I say, no harm in asking but unless you get something in writing when you arrive, a bit of a risk.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I have a overstay on my passport (stupid mistake on my part), 3 days. The Imm officer said no problem as long as I don't get more. This year I now have a one year so it did not prevent that.

Saying that, and the fact different Imm officers make different rules, I would, as suggested, get the extension even though more money.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Many years ago, when the visa exemption was only 10 days, I had to travel to Thailand at zero notice for 12 days. I tried to sort it at the airport, but the advice given was pay the overstay fine, it'll be cheaper.

As we left Thailand, my son and I were ushered into a separate room, and given what I assume was a bollocking (didn't understand a word the guy was saying :D ). I had to pay (I think it was) 500 Baht overstay. My son was too young, so no fee. We had our passports stamped and sent on our way. The overstay stamp has never affected any future trip to Thailand, and like migrant we are now resident here.

Points 41; Position 18
bert91157

Post by bert91157 »

You could amend your booking to 30 days. Then you won't have to worry at all