New Hua Hin Immigration office at Bluport

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: New Hua Hin Immigration and passport office

Post by HHTel »

สำหรับที่ทำการ สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมืองประจวบฯ (หัวหิน) หรือ ตม. หลังจากย้ายสถานที่บริการไปหลายแห่ง หลังสุดอยู่ที่ สวนหลวงราชินี 19 ไร่ ขณะนี้ สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมือง ได้งบประมาณวงเงิน 22 ล้านบาท ก่อสร้างในที่ดินกรมธนารักษ์ 10 ไร่ ที่หมู่บ้านหนองขอน และกำลังก่อสร้างไปได้ราว 60 % คาดว่าจะแล้วเสร็จในเดือน ก.พ. ปี 60 พร้อมกันนี้ทาง ตม.หัวหิน ได้เปิดให้บริการเกี่ยวกับหนังสือเดินทางเพิ่มอีกแห่งที่ศูนย์การค้าบลูพอร์ต หัวหิน มี จนท.ตม. จำนวน 5 นาย คอยให้บริการในเดือน ธ.ค. นี้
ใครมีแฟนชาวต่างชาติไปใช้บริการกันได้ครับ
The original announcement which implies a Thai passport service at Blueport with a staff of 5.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

It really is a strange location. Apparently the land is already government owned but then again so is so much land in much better locations. There is a huge expanse of land opposite Giantung supermarket near the railway crossing on Pala U which would have been a good central location for 99% but this is Thailand.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Needed to go to Immigration today, so while there I asked if they know when the move will be.

Got the best answer yet; when the building is finished.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

RCer wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:52 pmGot the best answer yet; when the building is finished.
And that'll be a while yet, judging by the one man and his dog I saw working there earlier!

Do you know guy's, up in Korat, the expats would be envious of you, there's one office, in the Dan Kwian pottery village, about 30-minutes south from the centre of downtown Korat - that's for the whole province. That's a serious journey for some.

Me, I guess I got lucky, I lived 20 minutes from the one in Korat and now half that to the new one in Hua Hin! :D For others it's right on their doorstep.
Talk is cheap
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Well, I donæt think the new location is so very far off. Soi 19 isn't actually in the center of town either imho whe other locations as Police station/Tessabahn etc. are mentioned. They are in the center of town! But the songthews run along Phetkasem so that's different for getting to "19 rai".
YNWA
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

caller wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:40 pm
Do you know guy's, up in Korat, the expats would be envious of you, there's one office, in the Dan Kwian pottery village, about 30-minutes south from the centre of downtown Korat - that's for the whole province. That's a serious journey for some.

Me, I guess I got lucky, I lived 20 minutes from the one in Korat and now half that to the new one in Hua Hin! :D For others it's right on their doorstep.
I lived in Phetchabun before moving to Hua Hin. Closest was Pitsanoluk.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

HHTel wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:09 pm
สำหรับที่ทำการ สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมืองประจวบฯ (หัวหิน) หรือ ตม. หลังจากย้ายสถานที่บริการไปหลายแห่ง หลังสุดอยู่ที่ สวนหลวงราชินี 19 ไร่ ขณะนี้ สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมือง ได้งบประมาณวงเงิน 22 ล้านบาท ก่อสร้างในที่ดินกรมธนารักษ์ 10 ไร่ ที่หมู่บ้านหนองขอน และกำลังก่อสร้างไปได้ราว 60 % คาดว่าจะแล้วเสร็จในเดือน ก.พ. ปี 60 พร้อมกันนี้ทาง ตม.หัวหิน ได้เปิดให้บริการเกี่ยวกับหนังสือเดินทางเพิ่มอีกแห่งที่ศูนย์การค้าบลูพอร์ต หัวหิน มี จนท.ตม. จำนวน 5 นาย คอยให้บริการในเดือน ธ.ค. นี้
ใครมีแฟนชาวต่างชาติไปใช้บริการกันได้ครับ
The original announcement which implies a Thai passport service at Blueport with a staff of 5.
This announcement from last year is slightly confusing (was it an announcement or a press report?) because if it's by immigration why would it have anything to do with Thai passports? Thai passports are issued by the Consular Affairs Department. The text doesn't actually mention Thai passports. It says that Immigration will provide additional (unspecified) passport related services at Blueport. Persons with foreign partners (แฟน - literally boyfriends, girlfriends, lovers, etc., but possibly intended to mean spouses) can go and use the service. This was to start in December last year but is presumably delayed by the late completion of the new ofice at Nong Khon which is mentioned as February this year.

It would certainly be convenient to have a Thai passport ofice in HH.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

StevePIraq wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:13 pm It really is a strange location. Apparently the land is already government owned but then again so is so much land in much better locations. There is a huge expanse of land opposite Giantung supermarket near the railway crossing on Pala U which would have been a good central location for 99% but this is Thailand.
I think the Royal Irrigation Department would prefer to keep this land. Possibly it has something to do with the khlongs along the khlong road.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Hmm, I guess there are several on here that would agree that I am one of the first to criticise Thais!

BUT, how many places in each ones home country has an Immigration office in some town other than a place with a shipping port or an international airport, or a border crossing?
They could very well declare that we all have to go to some far away border crossing, or am I missing something here?
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:agree: Many, many years ago when I was planning to take my girlfriend to the UK, I started with a solicitor, who advised me to go to the local Immigration Office. After a lot of enquiries, I was lucky to find one about 10 miles away from where I lived in Stockton-on-Tees. They were extremely helpful, and told me exactly what I needed to do.

I don't know the distribution of offices in the UK, but I have always considered myself very fortunate to find one so close.

It was basically luck of the draw in the UK, and it's luck of the draw here. How many actually considered the location of the Immigration office when deciding to live in Hua Hin, and did it influence the specific choice of home location? It had no influence on my decision process.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

There wasn't an Imm office in HH until years after I arrived. As said before, it was always a trip to BKK.
I suppose I'm just going to have to admit that I've got lazy over the past few years. Hell, before I turned 50 or got married, I made approx 70 border runs to Ranong/Burma - I've counted them in previous passports. I used to have to go to BKK (Soi Suan Plu) together with everyone else in Thailand just to get a 30 day extension to the occasional tourist visa I had.
What the heck? I can't change anything. I suppose there's always a taxi!!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

As many know, the immigration in HH is a satellite of Singkhom immigration in Prachuab. It's already been said that 10+ years ago you had to make a trip there. Then they had an office in the police station causing a few cheers and the rest is history. 90 day visits were to the police station. (That rule still exists if there is no immigration office in your locale)
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

In the basement at Bluport!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I've never seen an immigration office for foreigners together in the same place with an office for Thai passport issue/renewal. So...I assume the above will be immigration for foreigners only? Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ Surely immigration doesn't issue passports?