New Hua Hin Immigration office at Bluport

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

New Hua Hin Immigration office at Bluport

Post by StevePIraq »

HUA HIN:-- Work is well under way on the building for the new Hua Hin immigration offices. 

The 22 million baht project is set to open on Treasury Department land in February 2017.

In addition a new Thai passport office will be opened for business with five staff at Blue Port in Hua Hin in December 2016.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
buksida

Re: New Immigation and Passport Office

Post by buksida »

Here is a pic, not "official" yet as it was posted on Facebook but this seems to be genuine.
Credit: Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn
Credit: Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn
Immigration.jpg (190.39 KiB) Viewed 8655 times
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Re: New Hua Hin Immigration and passport office

Post by Big Boy »

It's been rumoured for over a year that was the site of the new Immigration Office, but when they built what looks like a block of flats on the site, I assumed it was just that - a rumour. However, this Facebook story has come from a Thai that I know doesn't deal in BS.

At least the building in the photo looks more the part now.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

In my opinion 22m is not a lot for a building that size, of course this cost will not include the land and may not include fit out.
Personally I think it will be a better location especially for people with vehicles.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

There are already visa services opening in the shops near bye, which may be helpful to some.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

NOKYAI wrote:There are already visa services opening in the shops near bye, which may be helpful to some.
That's got me thinking - 'visa service' what is that, when Immigration is near by? I honestly can't think what their function would be.

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

NOKYAI wrote:There are already visa services opening in the shops near bye, which may be helpful to some.
These are people who charge you a fee for doing something you can easily do yourself.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK thanks - that's basically what I was thinking. If the office is there, why use a middle man?

Points 41; Position 18
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Whereabouts is this on 88. I have just had a drive up and back down and can't see anything that resembles these photo's. Is there anywhere that is close by with a name?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Get to the end of Soi 88 and turn right. It's a couple of hundred yards on your right (if it's the place I'm thinking of). You'll see the block of flats (no idea what it really is) sitting there.

Points 41; Position 18
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Thanks BB. Where do you consider '' the end of 88'' ? ............Past the Terminal Hotel and the turn for the viewpoint or the Courts, or further on from Ave 88 etc. Sorry that should be Ave 88 and then the Courts lol.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Right to the very end of Soi 88.. Past Nab Thong restaurant.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

robcar wrote:Thanks BB. Where do you consider '' the end of 88'' ? ............Past the Terminal Hotel and the turn for the viewpoint or the Courts, or further on from Ave 88 etc. Sorry that should be Ave 88 and then the Courts lol.
As sateeb says, a long way out. You'll know when you get there. It's as if somebody dropped a load of soil on the road and didn't clear it away at the junction. Rather bumpy for a few yards.

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

sateeb wrote:Right to the very end of Soi 88.. Past Nab Thong restaurant.
Yes, and if you turn right it is Road #1004, which goes past Smart House Village amongst others, and north on to Palu-U road.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

That would be a great location for me but terrible for most to get to, are you certain it is near Smart House Village as I cannot see anything like this near there and that is not Soi 88.