New Hua Hin Immigration office at Bluport

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
nil
Professional
Professional

Re: New Hua Hin Immigration office at Bluport

Post by nil »

Unlike the main office the Bluport one has a tablet computer feedback questionnaire on each desk. One of the questions is did the officer ask for any bribe. So, they are only handling the very basic stuff.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Thanks all.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It was standing room only when I arrived to do my 90 day report this morning (I was still out in 20 minutes).

About 5 minutes into the queue, a lady stood at the counter and announced that everybody would need proof of address. I panicked initially, thinking I had nothing with me, until I remembered I had my ID Card in my wallet.

There were a few gaps in the number sequence that followed, so I guess some people left upon hearing the announcement.

When I got to the counter, I just handed my passport over, and the lady was processing it. Mrs BB asked why I wasn't being asked for proof of residence. The lady said that because I'd lived here a number of years, it was not necessary. The announcement was for newbies.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Yes, I heard the same announcement last week when doing my 90 day report. If I remember correctly, the lady said that those without proof of address needed to go to the main office.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

nil wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:05 pm Unlike the main office the Bluport one has a tablet computer feedback questionnaire on each desk. One of the questions is did the officer ask for any bribe. So, they are only handling the very basic stuff.
I've never been asked for offered a bribe at the main office.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Did a 90 day and bought a re-entry permit at Bluport today. Apart from a photocopy of my passport (for re-entry), no other paperwork was required. The photos I had were redundant as they have a camera at the desk. In and out in under 15 mins.

It was nice to see the staff dressed in Thai costume. Much more welcoming than police uniforms. The one guy was probably happy. He had a Thai button-up shirt over his jeans and trainers!!
londongeorge

Post by londongeorge »

I am due to do my annual retirement visa next month and was wondering if the office near the Kings Palace is still open. I know this visa cannot be done at Blueport and haven't heard anything about the new Immigration Office finally opening. I hope the new office never gets completed as it is stuck in the middle of nowhere.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

You have to do it at the Kings palace office, the new office out my Smart village is not finished yet
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
londongeorge

Post by londongeorge »

Unread post by StevePIraq » Thu May 24, 2018 2:30 pm
You have to do it at the Kings palace office, the new office out my Smart village is not finished yet
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks that is what I was hoping.
Any idea on when Smart Village is due for completion?
toeknee
Rookie
Rookie

Post by toeknee »

londongeorge.... was told yesterday by Blue Port Immigration office , the new date for Smart Village office is October 2018
Hahuahin
Professional
Professional

Post by Hahuahin »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:18 pm It was standing room only when I arrived to do my 90 day report this morning (I was still out in 20 minutes).

About 5 minutes into the queue, a lady stood at the counter and announced that everybody would need proof of address. I panicked initially, thinking I had nothing with me, until I remembered I had my ID Card in my wallet.

There were a few gaps in the number sequence that followed, so I guess some people left upon hearing the announcement.

When I got to the counter, I just handed my passport over, and the lady was processing it. Mrs BB asked why I wasn't being asked for proof of residence. The lady said that because I'd lived here a number of years, it was not necessary. The announcement was for newbies.
Regarding proof of address, isn't the address registration done at the main office proof enough? Everything of bills are in my wife`s name and driving license still with address from previous province lived!

Thank you.
hahuahin
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Immigration to introduce 90 day reporting online

Post by StevePIraq »

5 minutes to do my 90 day report on Thursday at Blueport, just handed in my passport no further documents required. Far easier than trying on line unless you live a long way from an immigration office or have difficulties getting around.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

5 mins!! They must have been having a 'go slow' day.

Seriously though, I've done it in just under 2 mins. It was so quick the first time that I timed it the second time.....
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I have nothing but praise for the Blueport immigration.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

I have nothing but praise for the Blueport immigration.
+ 1

Years ago, when I first started visiting China on biz, the immigration officers were surly and suspicious. Then suddenly (and to my amazement, as I'd not seen them anywhere else at that time) they installed smiley face customer satisfaction buttons. All of a sudden, the officials were friendly and smiling!

I don't know if these gizmos make officials better at their job, but it's certainly nicer for the people they deal with..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...