New immigration office for Petchaburi province

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: New immigration office for Petchaburi province

Post by Dannie Boy »

It will be interesting to hear from anybody living in Cha Am who goes to HH Immigration and whether they get refused, or told "this is the last time, next time you have to go to Petchaburi Office" or words to that effect.
Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Post by Don East Stand »

My wife and I (both farang) went to the Hua Hin Immigration office this morning, as we both required our "retirement" visas transferred from our old passports to our nice shiny new ones. We were also due to apply for our one year extension on the retirement visas.

I had all the forms and paperwork copied and signed, I explained what we required, i.e. transfer visas and 1 year extensions, she informed me that she would transfer the visas, and then once we had signed the photocopies of the "new" stamps in our new passports, we would have to queue up AGAIN to get the 1 year extensions!

It wasn't too busy, so no major problem ....... she completed the transfer of visas, but then noticed that technically we stayed in Phetchaburi province. I could lean out my balcony and just about touch Prachuap Kirikhan province, but officially it's Phetchaburi province.

All our dealings from that second onwards would have to be at Tha Yang, including our 1 year extension. (She had been able to transfer the visas as they had been issued in Prachuap Kirikhan province.)

Off to Tha Yang it was ....... and what a difference, a brand new building, although I recognised most of the Immigration officials from the Hua Hin office, mainly the "nice" ones! There was a more informal atmosphere, with the officers wearing white polo shirts, trainers etc. They appeared quite relaxed, and just got on with our 1 year extensions, no questioning anything, .... in fact the customer service was very good. She even took the trouble to explain everything to us, including why the 90 day reporting date wasn't 90 days from now. (It was taken from the 5th September when we arrived back in Thailand, so fair enough)

Overall a very good experience, apart from having to drive 30 or 40 minutes to get there. Mind you, we were in and out again in TEN minutes, so overall we were probably quicker going to Tha Yang!

So in summary, it would appear that if technically you are in Phetchaburi province ALL your Immigration dealings will now be carried out at Tha Yang. (unless you're transferring a visa from your old passport to a new one :wink: or indeed, if the officer dealing with you decides otherwise, after all TIT :? )

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
neo24
Amateur
Amateur

Post by neo24 »

I was informed by the BKK immigration that I should be able to get a re-entry stamp at any office in Thailand. Denied at the HH office. Very upsetting. Was told to go to Bkk a day earlier than my flight or do it at the airport. Great customer service. :(