O visa and may need a few additional days

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

O visa and may need a few additional days

Post by Gregjam »

For the first time in many years I have been able to stay in Thailand for all of my vacation period and if things run to schedule am likely to be a few days over the 90 as per my O visa and the stamp in my passport. Can I get an extension at the local immigration or will it require either early departure or a visa run (I have a multi entry visa).
At sometime I will get the O-A but planning to do that later in the year due to various reasons.
lomuamart

Re: O visa and may need a few additional days

Post by lomuamart »

You should be able to get a 7 day extension for the normal 1900 THB. Take proof of your flight out to show Imm.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Thanks Lomuamart, I thought that might be the case, saves having to do a visa run.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

lomuamart wrote:You should be able to get a 7 day extension for the normal 1900 THB. Take proof of your flight out to show Imm.
Can't do that anymore. I advised my daughter a few weeks ago that she could do that. A visit to immigration found that there is no extension to a visa. Every day after is counted as overstay with the usual penalties. She made a trip to Penang by train and even then was charged one day overstay as she crossed the border 3 or 4 hours after midnight!!

And she had proof of a ticket back to the UK but immigration said it made no difference.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I think that's pretty standard, sadly.
I'm not sure what 'no extension to a visa' means though.
This is the way
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

dtaai-maai wrote:I think that's pretty standard, sadly.
I'm not sure what 'no extension to a visa' means though.
Visas can be extended for 90 days or a year depending on the type of visa. When it can no longer be extended, you cannot even get a few days grace on expiry.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Hope the OP looks at this thread again. I hate giving bad/outdated advice especially when it revolves around something so important as visas.
I genuinely didn't know that Imm were being so hard headed about those who went to them and paid for an extra 7 days.
I guess it's all about those good guys in and bad guys out. Mind you I'd have placed those who looked for a 7 day extension "just because" as good guys.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Fortunately I check regularly and will plan accordingly. Thanks to the others who came back and gave updated info. It's only thanks to the contributors to the forum (most of them anyway) that we can get up to the information, particularly in this regard as the situation does tend to to fluctuate. I know that Lomuamart is a respected source of information and would not provide erroneous data on purpose.